Wanted: New Admin for Planet.Haskell.Org

Wanted: New Admin for Planet.Haskell.Org

Gershom Bazerman
Dear all — the planet.haskell.org server  is a low-maintenance feed-aggregator that uses the planet venus software to pull together feeds of haskell-related content. I think it is a great resource, and I’ve used it for years. For some time the [hidden email] address hadn’t been well-monitored, meaning that requests for adding new rss feeds had languished. I’ve gone through and tried to act on the outstanding requests, and will be doing so for the time being. However, I have a lot on my plate, and would like to pass this responsibility on to a volunteer. It basically means, on the occasional recipt of an email, logging into the server, updating a config file, running a command, and logging back out again.

If you’re interested in helping out with this, please contact me.

Cheers,
Gershom

Re: Wanted: New Admin for Planet.Haskell.Org

tiredpixel
On Mon, 2018-06-04 at 23:50 -0400, Gershom B wrote:

> Dear all — the planet.haskell.org server  is a low-maintenance feed-
> aggregator that uses the planet venus software to pull together feeds
> of haskell-related content. I think it is a great resource, and I’ve
> used it for years. For some time the [hidden email] address
> hadn’t been well-monitored, meaning that requests for adding new rss
> feeds had languished. I’ve gone through and tried to act on the
> outstanding requests, and will be doing so for the time being.
> However, I have a lot on my plate, and would like to pass this
> responsibility on to a volunteer. It basically means, on the
> occasional recipt of an email, logging into the server, updating a
> config file, running a command, and logging back out again.
>
> If you’re interested in helping out with this, please contact me.
>
> Cheers,
> Gershom
I am interested in volunteering a little time to help with this. I
wasn't actually aware of the service, but it looks like a valuable
resource. I've been doing programming and systems engineering for
years, including open-source (https://github.com/tiredpixel/), and
although I haven't open-sourced any Haskell code to-date, it's the
principal language being used at my tech company, Pavouk OÜ (https://ww
w.pavouk.tech/), so I'm very much invested in it. In addition, should
there be a need for hosting, I/we might be able to help with that.

Peace,
tiredpixel