Warnings suppression and examples

Эдгар Жаворонков

Hello everyone!

This may be a strange question, but nevertheless. I am interested in examples of warnings, thrown by GHC, that you, Haskell programmers, want to suppress.

To be more precise, i am interested, what kind of warnings you would like to suppress in:

1. Functions
2. Imports
3. Typeclasses
4. Instances

Thank you!

P.S. I want to implement possibility of warning suppression with single pragma, that's why i am asking my question here

---
С уважением,
Жаворонков Эдгар

Best regards,
Edgar A. Zhavoronkov
---
С уважением,
Жаворонков Эдгар

Best regards,
Edgar A. Zhavoronkov

Re: Warnings suppression and examples

Joe Hillenbrand
I don't have examples, but something I'd like to ask is for the
warnings that are suppressed to be specific and explicit.

I've had linters in other languages hide bugs because they have a
universal warning suppression flag that suppressed more than the
intended warning.

For example, in Python a #noqa flag that suppressed a long line
warning also hid a warning about an undefined variable.

Here's an example of an alternative approach for Python
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ebb-lint