What happened to the installation chapter in the GHC User's Guide?

What happened to the installation chapter in the GHC User's Guide?

Benjamin L. Russell
Up to GHC 6.10.2, there used to be an installation chapter in the GHC
User's Guide (see "Chapter 2. Installing GHC" at
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/6.10.2/html/users_guide/installing-bin-distrib.html).
This section was very useful, for example, in determining whether it
was possible to move the GHC tree around in Windows, or, by extension,
whether it was necessary to uninstall GHC in order to install a later
version.

However, starting with GHC 6.10.3, this chapter seems to be missing.
When I asked about this issue earlier on this mailing list a few
months ago, IIRC, one response was that the chapter was outdated.  Are
there any plans to update this chapter?  Every once in a while, I
forget whether GHC needs to be uninstalled in order to be updated on
Windows, and am forced to consult an earlier version of this chapter.

-- Benjamin L. Russell
--
Benjamin L. Russell  /   DekuDekuplex at Yahoo dot com
http://dekudekuplex.wordpress.com/

Re: What happened to the installation chapter in the GHC User's Guide?

Brandon S Allbery KF8NH
On Jun 24, 2009, at 03:47 , Benjamin L.Russell wrote:
> Up to GHC 6.10.2, there used to be an installation chapter in the GHC
> User's Guide (see "Chapter 2. Installing GHC" at

I believe this is being superseded by the Haskell Platform installer.

PGP.sig (202 bytes) Download Attachment