What is the best way to search information on Haskell Cafe?

What is the best way to search information on Haskell Cafe?

Rodrigo Stevaux
I am new to mailing lists. Like really new.

Re: What is the best way to search information on Haskell Cafe?

migmit-2
You've just searched Haskell-Cafe for the information about how to search information on Haskell-Cafe, and did it in what's probably the most efficient way possible. Without even realizing it.

> On 31 Aug 2018, at 18:59, Rodrigo Stevaux <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am new to mailing lists. Like really new.

Re: What is the best way to search information on Haskell Cafe?

Brandon Allbery
Often, the best way to search pretty much anything is to let one of the big search engines do it: they're usually even better at it than a site's own search functionality (with the result that things like mailing lists usually don't bother to provide their own, they just invite the search engines to index the whole archive). So something like "site:mail.haskell.org inurl:haskell-cafe some search string" in google / bing / ddg / whatever (the exact syntax may vary by search engine).

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 12:59 PM Rodrigo Stevaux <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am new to mailing lists. Like really new.

brandon s allbery kf8nh

Re: What is the best way to search information on Haskell Cafe?

Francesco Ariis
Hello Rodrigo,

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 01:59:23PM -0300, Rodrigo Stevaux wrote:
> I am new to mailing lists. Like really new.

I don't think the lists have a built in search function, but you
can always use the "site:" syntax in your search engine

    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=parsec+recursion+site%3Amail.haskell.org%2Fpipermail%2Fhaskell-cafe%2F&t=hj&ia=web

Archives are at the usual place:

    http://mail.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/

Re: What is the best way to search information on Haskell Cafe?

Henk-Jan van Tuyl

The mailing list is archived at
     https://mail.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/
. You can view, amongst others, the discussions by thread.

To search for a specific string in the archive, you can specify
     site:mail.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe
as an extra parameter; this works for many search engines.

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

--
Message from Stanford University:

Folding@home

us closer sooner. Watch the video.
http://foldingathome.stanford.edu/

Haskell programming

Re: What is the best way to search information on Haskell Cafe?

Amin Bandali
Francesco Ariis <[hidden email]> writes:

> Archives are at the usual place:
>
>     http://mail.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/

Seconded.  Downloading the archives and grepping through them
would probably work quite well.

I personally use notmuch [0], which has great tagging and search
facilities.  After setting up notmuch, you would download the
archives, use mb2md to convert them from mbox to maildir, and
have notmuch index them.  Then you'd search the archives using
either the notmuch cli (e.g. notmuch search -- yourquery) in the
terminal, or using one of its frontends such as notmuch-emacs or
notmuch-mutt.

[0]: https://notmuchmail.org/
[1]: http://batleth.sapienti-sat.org/projects/mb2md/

  -amin

Re: What is the best way to search information on Haskell Cafe?

Takenobu Tani

If you frequently use the "site:" option, you can also use this support web :)

https://takenobu-hs.github.io/haskell-wiki-search/?siteview=full

Regards,
Takenobu

2018年9月1日(土) 2:00 Rodrigo Stevaux <[hidden email]>:
I am new to mailing lists. Like really new.

Re: What is the best way to search information on Haskell Cafe?

Artem Pelenitsyn
Hi Takenobu,

It seems that icqbrowse-links do not track recent updates to the channels since April 11th 2018. Otherwise, nice resource, thanks!

--
Best wishes,
Artem

On Sat, 1 Sep 2018, 04:53 Takenobu Tani, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

If you frequently use the "site:" option, you can also use this support web :)

https://takenobu-hs.github.io/haskell-wiki-search/?siteview=full

Regards,
Takenobu

2018年9月1日(土) 2:00 Rodrigo Stevaux <[hidden email]>:
I am new to mailing lists. Like really new.

Re: What is the best way to search information on Haskell Cafe?

Joachim Breitner-2

Am Freitag, den 31.08.2018, 13:59 -0300 schrieb Rodrigo Stevaux:
> I am new to mailing lists. Like really new.

The Haskell Wiki lists a number of archives of the mailing list at
https://wiki.haskell.org/Mailing_lists#Archiving

The prettiest, most comprehensive search might be provided by
https://haskell.markmail.org/

Joachim

--
Joachim “nomeata” Breitner