Where can I find a non-fee-based version of Hudak's paper, "Conception, evolution, and application of functional programming languages"?

Where can I find a non-fee-based version of Hudak's paper, "Conception, evolution, and application of functional programming languages"?

Benjamin L. Russell
Does anybody know where I can find a non-fee-based version of Paul
Hudak's paper, "Conception, evolution, and application of functional
programming languages" [1]?  There used to be a version that did not
require an ACM account available at
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~jcondit/pl-prelim/hudak89functional.pdf ,
but when I try to download that file, the following error message
appears:

>The server has encountered a problem because access is restricted.
>
>Your request was :
>    http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~jcondit/pl-prelim/hudak89functional.pdf

-- Benjamin L. Russell

[1] Hudak, Paul. "Conception, Evolution and Application of Functional
Programming Languages." New York, NY: _ACM Computing Surveys (CSUR)_
21(3) (September 1989): 359-411.
<http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=72551.72554&coll=ACM&dl=ACM&idx=J204&part=journal&WantType=Journals&title=ACM%20Computing%20Surveys%20%28CSUR%29&CFID=52128875&CFTOKEN=48215788>.
Also available at
<http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~jcondit/pl-prelim/hudak89functional.pdf>.
--
Benjamin L. Russell  /   DekuDekuplex at Yahoo dot com
http://dekudekuplex.wordpress.com/

Re: Where can I find a non-fee-based version of Hudak's paper, "Conception, evolution, and application of functional programming languages"?

jean legrand
> Does anybody know where I can find a non-fee-based version of Paul
> Hudak's paper, "Conception, evolution, and application of functional
> programming languages" [1]?  There used to be a version that did not

seems you can get a djvu copy here

http://lib.org.by/info/Cs_Computer science/CsPl_Programming languages/Hudak P. Conception, evolution, and application of functional programming languages (ACM comp.surveys 21, 1989)(T)(53s).djvu

the site is in Russian and you wait 30s before a link to the file appears.

Re: Where can I find a non-fee-based version of Hudak's paper, "Conception, evolution, and application of functional programming languages"?

John Melesky
On 2009-09-17, at 1:41 AM, Benjamin L.Russell wrote:
> Does anybody know where I can find a non-fee-based version of Paul
> Hudak's paper, "Conception, evolution, and application of functional
> programming languages" [1]?

When in doubt, check citeseer.

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.83.6505

-johnnnn

Re: Where can I find a non-fee-based version of Hudak's paper, "Conception, evolution, and application of functional programming languages"?

Benjamin L. Russell
On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 08:55:19 -0700, John Melesky
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>On 2009-09-17, at 1:41 AM, Benjamin L.Russell wrote:
>> Does anybody know where I can find a non-fee-based version of Paul
>> Hudak's paper, "Conception, evolution, and application of functional
>> programming languages" [1]?
>
>When in doubt, check citeseer.
>
>http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.83.6505

Thank you; although attempting a download from the referenced
"DOWNLOAD" site at
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download;jsessionid=4185A586D773743C182087024049A81E?doi=10.1.1.83.6505&rep=rep1&type=url&i=0
resulted in the same error as before, I was still able to download a
cached copy from the referenced "CACHED" site at
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download;jsessionid=4185A586D773743C182087024049A81E?doi=10.1.1.83.6505&rep=rep1&type=pdf;
that is a very useful service.

-- Benjamin L. Russell
--
Benjamin L. Russell  /   DekuDekuplex at Yahoo dot com
http://dekudekuplex.wordpress.com/
Translator/Interpreter / Mobile:  +011 81 80-3603-6725
-- Matsuo Basho^

Re: Where can I find a non-fee-based version of Hudak's paper, "Conception, evolution, and application of functional programming languages"?

Benjamin L. Russell
On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 15:32:51 +0000 (GMT), jean legrand
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Does anybody know where I can find a non-fee-based version of Paul
>> Hudak's paper, "Conception, evolution, and application of functional
>> programming languages" [1]?  There used to be a version that did not
>
>seems you can get a djvu copy here
>
>http://lib.org.by/info/Cs_Computer science/CsPl_Programming languages/Hudak P. Conception, evolution, and application of functional programming languages (ACM comp.surveys 21, 1989)(T)(53s).djvu
>
>the site is in Russian and you wait 30s before a link to the file appears.

Thank you for the link.

Actually, I had encountered this site earlier, but it had caused my
browser to hang, and I had been unable to download the file earlier.

For some reason, control-clicking the button to download thirty
seconds after visiting the site only causes the thirty-second-waiting
process to repeat in another tab, where the button must be clicked (as
opposed to control-clicked) thereafter in order to cause a download in
the same tab.

Then the .djvu-suffixed file downloads, but viewing the file requires
installing a DjVu file viewer; I downloaded and installed DjVuLibre
3.5.22+DjView 4.5 from SourceForge at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/djvu/files/DjVuLibre_Windows/3.5.22%2B4.5/DjVuLibre%2BDjView-3.5.22%2B4.5-Setup.exe/download.

Then the file opens.  The file is approximately 731 KB, as opposed to
5.067 MB for the PDF version of the same content (available by
clicking on the "CACHED" button at CiteSeerX at
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.83.6505).

The image quality appears identical.

-- Benjamin L. Russell