Who is on the core libraries committee (CLC)?

Who is on the core libraries committee (CLC)?

Haskell - Libraries mailing list
Hi!

Recent emails [1] [2] indicate that the CLC member list [3] is
outdated. Could someone clarify who the current members are and who
the current Chair is?

[1] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/haskell-core-libraries/InkZtGOyCgA
[2] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/haskell-core-libraries/fTmt22wP6Zg
[3] https://wiki.haskell.org/Core_Libraries_Committee#Current_members

Re: [core libraries] Who is on the core libraries committee (CLC)?

Haskell - Libraries mailing list
Many thanks for the quick response, Daniel! :)

When can we expect the announcement for the new chair?

Am Mi., 15. Jan. 2020 um 18:05 Uhr schrieb chessai . <[hidden email]>:

> Everyone on that list except for Ryan and Ed is on the CLC. There has yet to be announced a new chair.
>
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2020, 8:52 AM 'Simon Jakobi' via haskell-core-libraries <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Recent emails [1] [2] indicate that the CLC member list [3] is
>> outdated. Could someone clarify who the current members are and who
>> the current Chair is?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Simon
>>
>> [1] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/haskell-core-libraries/InkZtGOyCgA
>> [2] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/haskell-core-libraries/fTmt22wP6Zg
>> [3] https://wiki.haskell.org/Core_Libraries_Committee#Current_members

Re: [core libraries] Who is on the core libraries committee (CLC)?

chessai .
I'm not sure. There was some discussion over a developing a process for electing a chair, but no work done to this end, yet. Perhaps Ed has some ideas?

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020, 9:10 AM Simon Jakobi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Many thanks for the quick response, Daniel! :)

When can we expect the announcement for the new chair?

Am Mi., 15. Jan. 2020 um 18:05 Uhr schrieb chessai . <[hidden email]>:

> Everyone on that list except for Ryan and Ed is on the CLC. There has yet to be announced a new chair.
>
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2020, 8:52 AM 'Simon Jakobi' via haskell-core-libraries <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Recent emails [1] [2] indicate that the CLC member list [3] is
>> outdated. Could someone clarify who the current members are and who
>> the current Chair is?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Simon
>>
>> [1] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/haskell-core-libraries/InkZtGOyCgA
>> [2] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/haskell-core-libraries/fTmt22wP6Zg
>> [3] https://wiki.haskell.org/Core_Libraries_Committee#Current_members

Re: [core libraries] Who is on the core libraries committee (CLC)?

George Wilson
Edward has stepped down as chair, but he is still on the committee for
the rest of his term, which I believe expires in November/December
2020. The intent is that he can manage the transition to new chair and
be available to advise said chair as needed.
Regarding process, we should put out a call for nominations to fill
Ryan's seat first, then elect a new chair from amongst ourselves with
a full committee.

Cheers,
George

On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 at 03:21, chessai . <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm not sure. There was some discussion over a developing a process for electing a chair, but no work done to this end, yet. Perhaps Ed has some ideas?
>
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2020, 9:10 AM Simon Jakobi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Many thanks for the quick response, Daniel! :)
>>
>> When can we expect the announcement for the new chair?
>>
>> Am Mi., 15. Jan. 2020 um 18:05 Uhr schrieb chessai . <[hidden email]>:
>> >
>> > Everyone on that list except for Ryan and Ed is on the CLC. There has yet to be announced a new chair.

Re: [core libraries] Who is on the core libraries committee (CLC)?

Edward Kmett-2
Let's put out a membership call to replace Ryan in the next few days, and then once we're full again elect a chair.

Ryan indicated his desire to depart right before Christmas, and putting out a call right at that time would have overlapped the call from the haskell.org committee, maximizing confusion, so it seemed worth holding off a bit at the time, but now the holidays are past, so that excuse no longer holds water.

-Edward