Whose gonna be at icfp?

Carter Schonwald
I'll be this time! :)

We should coord a committee catch-up at icfp.

Also I would like to propose we shift back to email based discussion. There's still the valid and important need of then taking the discussion and revisions into a new standard. But let's at least make the first half lighter weight perhaps? the pattern that's working for ghc proposals doesn't seem to matchup with what works for h2020

Re: Whose gonna be at icfp?

John Wiegley-2

CS> I'll be this time! :)
CS> We should coord a committee catch-up at icfp.

I will be there as well.

--
John Wiegley                  GPG fingerprint = 4710 CF98 AF9B 327B B80F
http://newartisans.com                          60E1 46C4 BD1A 7AC1 4BA2

Re: Whose gonna be at icfp?

Henrik Nilsson-2
I will attend ICFP and the Haskell symposium.
Meeting up is a very good idea!

Best,

/Henrik

message or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the
University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.

Re: Whose gonna be at icfp?

Mario Blažević-3
On 2017-08-25 06:48 PM, Carter Schonwald wrote:
> I'll be this time! :)
>
> We should coord a committee catch-up at icfp.
>
> Also I would like to propose we shift back to email based discussion.
> There's still the valid and important need of then taking the
> discussion and revisions into a new standard. But let's at least make
> the first half lighter weight perhaps? the pattern that's working for
> ghc proposals doesn't seem to matchup with what works for h2020

     I'll be there as well. As for the e-mail based discussion, my
feeling for the last while has been that I'd rather bring something,
anything, to completion. There's very little feedback and there's a real
danger that the discussion doesn't lead to any concrete change to the
standard.

Re: Whose gonna be at icfp?

Carter Schonwald
Agreed.  Hence let's just have something less structured than the GitHub flow ... just any doc will do. Also it'd be simpler to have just one tool for coms.

On 2017-08-25 06:48 PM, Carter Schonwald wrote:
> I'll be this time! :)
>
> We should coord a committee catch-up at icfp.
>
> Also I would like to propose we shift back to email based discussion.
> There's still the valid and important need of then taking the
> discussion and revisions into a new standard. But let's at least make
> the first half lighter weight perhaps? the pattern that's working for
> ghc proposals doesn't seem to matchup with what works for h2020

     I'll be there as well. As for the e-mail based discussion, my
feeling for the last while has been that I'd rather bring something,
anything, to completion. There's very little feedback and there's a real
danger that the discussion doesn't lead to any concrete change to the
standard.

Re: Whose gonna be at icfp?

Jurriaan Hage
I won’t be there. :-(

Jur

> On 26Aug, 2017, at 08:48, Carter Schonwald <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'll be this time! :)
>
> We should coord a committee catch-up at icfp.
>
> Also I would like to propose we shift back to email based discussion. There's still the valid and important need of then taking the discussion and revisions into a new standard. But let's at least make the first half lighter weight perhaps? the pattern that's working for ghc proposals doesn't seem to matchup with what works for h2020

Re: Whose gonna be at icfp?

Henrik Nilsson-2
Hi!

 > We should coord a committee catch-up at icfp.

Seems that at least a few people are/or will be here in Oxford.
I counted:

    Carter Schonwald
    John Wiegley
    Mario Blazević

Lennart is also here, and Iavor is or will be here.

Anyone else?

It would make most sense to try to time a meeting around the
Haskell Symposium, I think. A lunch meeting either Thursday or
Friday could be an option (but might be a  bit rushed) or trying to
meet up Thursday evening, probably after the Industry Reception
(that is scheduled to end 20:30).

What do you think?

/Henrik

message or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the
University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.

Re: Whose gonna be at icfp?

Mario Blazevic-2
I thought John said 4:40 today. You missed Andres Löh.

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 3:12 AM, Henrik Nilsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi!

> We should coord a committee catch-up at icfp.

Seems that at least a few people are/or will be here in Oxford.
I counted:

   Carter Schonwald
   John Wiegley
   Mario Blazević

Lennart is also here, and Iavor is or will be here.

Anyone else?

It would make most sense to try to time a meeting around the
Haskell Symposium, I think. A lunch meeting either Thursday or
Friday could be an option (but might be a  bit rushed) or trying to
meet up Thursday evening, probably after the Industry Reception
(that is scheduled to end 20:30).

What do you think?

/Henrik

Re: Whose gonna be at icfp?

Richard Eisenberg-4
I'm here and would be happy to join. Either times proposed work for me.

Thanks,
Richard

On 09/05/2017 10:27 AM, Mario Blazevic wrote:
> I thought John said 4:40 today. You missed Andres Löh.

Must have missed that. Works for me!

/Henrik

message or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the
University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.

Re: Whose gonna be at icfp?

Carter Schonwald
Missing Conall's talk seems like a terrible time to meet :(((((

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 7:41 AM, Carter Schonwald <[hidden email]> wrote:
Missing Conall's talk seems like a terrible time to meet :(((((

In that case I suggest we meet during the coffee break and decide when we really meet.

On 09/05/2017 12:54 PM, Mario Blazevic wrote:
> In that case I suggest we meet during the coffee break and decide when
> we really meet.

OK. Should we try to find each other at 16:10, then?
Outside L1, the ICFP lecture theatre?

/Henrik

message or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the
University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.

Re: Whose gonna be at icfp?

John Wiegley-2

CS> Missing Conall's talk seems like a terrible time to meet :(((((

Agreed, I can't miss Conal. :)

Any new time proposals after the coffee break?

--
John Wiegley                  GPG fingerprint = 4710 CF98 AF9B 327B B80F
http://newartisans.com                          60E1 46C4 BD1A 7AC1 4BA2

Re: Whose gonna be at icfp?

Nicolas Wu
I'm also at ICFP

On Tue, 5 Sep 2017 at 08:12 Henrik Nilsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi!

 > We should coord a committee catch-up at icfp.

Seems that at least a few people are/or will be here in Oxford.
I counted:

    Carter Schonwald
    John Wiegley
    Mario Blazević

Lennart is also here, and Iavor is or will be here.

Anyone else?

It would make most sense to try to time a meeting around the
Haskell Symposium, I think. A lunch meeting either Thursday or
Friday could be an option (but might be a  bit rushed) or trying to
meet up Thursday evening, probably after the Industry Reception
(that is scheduled to end 20:30).

What do you think?

/Henrik

message or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the
University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.

Haskell Prime Meeting at ICFP (Was: Whose gonna be at icfp?)

Henrik Nilsson-2
Hi Haskell Primers,

We have now agreed Thursday Lunch (1st Day of Haskell Symposium) for
the Haskell Prime coordination meeting.

We agreed to meet towards the far end of the Foyer, past the café viewed
from the main lecture theatre L1.

All the best,

/Henrik

message or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the
University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.

Re: Haskell Prime Meeting at ICFP (Was: Whose gonna be at icfp?)

Henrik Nilsson-2
Hi all,

Reminder: Haskell' is meeting lunchtime today, so shortly after 12:30.

We now, thank to Jeremy Gibbons, also have a room: C5.

So grab lunch and then go to C5.