Why is the Cabal User's Guide left outdated?

Why is the Cabal User's Guide left outdated?

Yuji Yamamoto
Getting interested in the features since Cabal 2.2 (esp. common stanzas),
I looked up with the User's Guide, which is (and should be) listed in the search result first, but can't find because the User's Guide is still about Cabal 2.0.

Why is it left outdated?
Actually User's Guide (HEAD) is kept updated, but it's hard to find, and can include some information too new to release.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Why is the Cabal User's Guide left outdated?

Mikhail Glushenkov
Hi,
On Fri, 19 Oct 2018 at 09:51, Yuji Yamamoto <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Getting interested in the features since Cabal 2.2 (esp. common stanzas),
> I looked up with the User's Guide, which is (and should be) listed in the search result first, but can't find because the User's Guide is still about Cabal 2.0.

Sorry, it's my fault. I've updated
https://www.haskell.org/cabal/release/latest/doc/users-guide/, but
forgot to update https://www.haskell.org/cabal/users-guide/. Fixed
now.

Re: Why is the Cabal User's Guide left outdated?

Yuji Yamamoto
Confirmed. Thanks a lot!