Wierd activation record found on stack

Joel Reymont
randomplay: internal error: scavenge_stack: weird activation record
found on stack: 0
     Please report this as a bug to [hidden email],
     or http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/ghc/

I installed my own signal handlers with the intent of having my
profile reports written out. The program runs forever and otherwise
generates no profile reports when I interrupt it.

I install the handlers like this:

        installHandler sigPIPE Ignore Nothing
        flip mapM_ [sigINT, sigHUP, sigABRT, sigTERM] $ \sig -> do
          installHandler sig handler Nothing
              where handler = Catch $ exitWith (ExitFailure 1)

P.S. Is there a prize of some sorts for the highest number of wierd
bug reports per time frame? :D

--
http://wagerlabs.com/

Re: Wierd activation record found on stack

Joel Reymont
To add a little bit of detail (thanks to dons for the tips), the
signal is being caught in one of the threads launched by the main
thread. Simply calling exitWith (ExitFailure 1) from this thread
causes the error below. I changed my code to send messages to running
threads asking them to quit and this made the error go away.

On Dec 4, 2005, at 12:27 PM, Joel Reymont wrote:

> randomplay: internal error: scavenge_stack: weird activation record
> found on stack: 0
>     Please report this as a bug to [hidden email],
>     or http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/ghc/
>
> I installed my own signal handlers with the intent of having my
> profile reports written out. The program runs forever and otherwise
> generates no profile reports when I interrupt it.

--
http://wagerlabs.com/

RE: Wierd activation record found on stack

Simon Marlow
On 04 December 2005 16:50, Joel Reymont wrote:

> To add a little bit of detail (thanks to dons for the tips), the
> signal is being caught in one of the threads launched by the main
> thread. Simply calling exitWith (ExitFailure 1) from this thread
> causes the error below. I changed my code to send messages to running
> threads asking them to quit and this made the error go away.
>
> On Dec 4, 2005, at 12:27 PM, Joel Reymont wrote:
>
>> randomplay: internal error: scavenge_stack: weird activation record
>>     found on stack: 0 Please report this as a bug to
>>     [hidden email], or
>> http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/ghc/
>>
>> I installed my own signal handlers with the intent of having my
>> profile reports written out. The program runs forever and otherwise
>> generates no profile reports when I interrupt it.

This was fixed recently, I believe:

revision 1.276
date: 2005-11-08 10:44:22 +0000;  author: simonmar;  state: Exp;  lines:
+1 -2
raiseAsync: fix bug that can cause a scavenge_stack panic for a thread
that has just been killed.

The fix will be in 6.4.2, or you can grab a STABLE snapshot from the
haskell.org.