Win64 support

Bulat Ziganshin-2
Hello glasgow-haskell-users,

the one thing that users of my program asked most is the Win64
support: http://code.google.com/p/freearc/issues/list . we have waited
for a several years, but it's still not in GHC, so i want to know at
least: why it's not going forward? can we have unregisterized build at
least?

 Bulat                          mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Win64 support

Ian Lynagh

Hi Bulat,

On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 06:54:48PM +0400, Bulat Ziganshin wrote:

> the one thing that users of my program asked most is the Win64
> support: http://code.google.com/p/freearc/issues/list . we have waited
> for a several years, but it's still not in GHC, so i want to know at
> least: why it's not going forward? can we have unregisterized build at
> least?

The Industrial Haskell Group has been funding work on the Win64 port. It
will be released with GHC 7.6.

Thanks
Ian

Re[2]: Win64 support

Bulat Ziganshin-2
Hello Ian,

> The Industrial Haskell Group has been funding work on the Win64 port. It
> will be released with GHC 7.6.

wow! what is the current state, when it planned to be released, how
it's implemented (gcc/mingw64?) ? may be this port has its own webpage
or some progress list? i would be glad to alpha-test it

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/1884 says nothing on it
- i'm pretty sure that you will find a lot of testers here too