[Xmonad] Redefining modMask

Bas van Dijk-2
Hello again,

I would like to assign my modMask to the windows key on my keyboard.

Using the xorg tool 'xev' I discovered that the keycode of my windows
key is 115. However, setting modMask = 115 in Config.hs doesn't work.

Do I have to use a key symbol from Graphics.X11.Types for that? If so,
which one?

Thanks,

Bas van Dijk

[Xmonad] Redefining modMask

Donald Bruce Stewart
v.dijk.bas:
> Hello again,
>
> I would like to assign my modMask to the windows key on my keyboard.
>
> Using the xorg tool 'xev' I discovered that the keycode of my windows
> key is 115. However, setting modMask = 115 in Config.hs doesn't work.
>
> Do I have to use a key symbol from Graphics.X11.Types for that? If so,
> which one?

Spencer, Jason?

Possibly you could use xmodmask to remap the windows key to be
mod-something?

-- Don

[Xmonad] Redefining modMask

Bas van Dijk-2
I've found it. My windows key is just mod4Mask.

(Sorry for the noise)

Bas van Dijk

[Xmonad] Redefining modMask

Spencer Janssen-2
On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 13:25:23 +0200
"Bas van Dijk" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I would like to assign my modMask to the windows key on my keyboard.
>
> Using the xorg tool 'xev' I discovered that the keycode of my windows
> key is 115. However, setting modMask = 115 in Config.hs doesn't work.
>
> Do I have to use a key symbol from Graphics.X11.Types for that? If so,
> which one?

You should look at the 'state' mask that xev reports rather than the
keycode (you should also turn off num/scroll/caps lock, because these
are also reported in state).

Cheers,
Spencer Janssen