Xmonad sometimes freezes

Paul Koerbitz
Hi all,

I have recently started to experience infrequent freezes of my computer.
Basically nothing works and I have to turn off the computer.

To be honest I am not totally sure that this is xmonad related, just a
suspicion. Has anyone else recently experienced something like this?

This is on a Thinkpad T420 running Ubuntu 12.10 and xmonad 0.11 from
hackage.

thanks
Paul
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Xmonad sometimes freezes

Brandon Allbery
On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 6:31 AM, Paul Koerbitz <paul.koerbitz at gmail.com>wrote:

> I have recently started to experience infrequent freezes of my computer.
> Basically nothing works and I have to turn off the computer.
>
> To be honest I am not totally sure that this is xmonad related, just a
> suspicion. Has anyone else recently experienced something like this?

Have you looked at
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Xmonad/Frequently_asked_questions#XMonad_is_frozen.21?

allbery.b at gmail.com                                  ballbery at sinenomine.net
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Xmonad sometimes freezes

Paul Koerbitz
I have not, thank you for the pointer.

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 6:31 AM, Paul Koerbitz <paul.koerbitz at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I have recently started to experience infrequent freezes of my computer.
>> Basically nothing works and I have to turn off the computer.
>>
>> To be honest I am not totally sure that this is xmonad related, just a
>> suspicion. Has anyone else recently experienced something like this?
>>

> Have you looked at
> http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Xmonad/Frequently_asked_questions#XMonad_is_frozen.21?
>
> --
> brandon s allbery kf8nh                               sine nomine
> associates
> allbery.b at gmail.com
> ballbery at sinenomine.net
> http://sinenomine.net

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Xmonad sometimes freezes

Brent Yorgey-2
On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 12:31:37PM +0200, Paul Koerbitz wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have recently started to experience infrequent freezes of my computer.
> Basically nothing works and I have to turn off the computer.
>
> To be honest I am not totally sure that this is xmonad related, just a
> suspicion. Has anyone else recently experienced something like this?
>
> This is on a Thinkpad T420 running Ubuntu 12.10 and xmonad 0.11 from
> hackage.

When you say "freezes", what do you mean exactly?  Can you still move
the mouse around but nothing responds to clicks or keypresses?  Can
you still switch to a virtual console (with Alt-Ctrl-F2 or whatever)?
Or is it really and truly completely unresponsive?

-Brent