Yampa / AFRPVectorSpace.hs

bf3

Yampa / AFRPVectorSpace.hs

bf3
While studying the vector space class in AFRP, I encountered the following
strange code:

class Floating a => VectorSpace v a | v -> a where
    v1 ^-^ v2 = v1 ^+^ v1 -- (negateVector v2)

I have no idea why the (negateVector v2) has been commented out, but surely
this must be a typo?

Cheers,
Peter

Re: Yampa / AFRPVectorSpace.hs

Hudak, Paul
Certainly looks like a typo to me!

Peter Verswyvelen wrote:

> While studying the vector space class in AFRP, I encountered the following
> strange code:
>
> class Floating a => VectorSpace v a | v -> a where
>     v1 ^-^ v2 = v1 ^+^ v1 -- (negateVector v2)
>
> I have no idea why the (negateVector v2) has been commented out, but surely
> this must be a typo?
>
> Cheers,
> Peter

Re: Yampa / AFRPVectorSpace.hs

Henrik Nilsson
Hi Peter,

Oops!

Yes, as Paul says, clearly an error.

My best guess is that it was commented out at some point for testing
something, and then forgotten!

The error does not occur in my local copy of the code, so a version
skew problem to boot, I'm afraid.

Best,

/Henrik

--
Henrik Nilsson
School of Computer Science and Information Technology

bf3

RE: Yampa / AFRPVectorSpace.hs

bf3
Maybe you could place Yampa in a Darcs depot?

I will have some time now to study Yampa and apps again. To train myself, I
would try to make a simple bouncing ball, then a Pong like game, and then I
would like to convert the C++ minigames I made for my students. These might
serve as simple tutorials for other people? After revision of course,
because I'm a newbie, so you can expect some horrible Haskell code ;)

Cheers,
Peter

Re: Yampa / AFRPVectorSpace.hs

Joel Reymont
On Dec 17, 2007, at 4:30 PM, Peter Verswyvelen wrote:

> Maybe you could place Yampa in a Darcs depot?

darcs get http://wagerlabs.com/yampa

I think we should move it to Google Code, though.

--
http://wagerlabs.com

Re: Yampa / AFRPVectorSpace.hs

Don Stewart-2
joelr1:
> On Dec 17, 2007, at 4:30 PM, Peter Verswyvelen wrote:
>
> >Maybe you could place Yampa in a Darcs depot?
>

> darcs get http://wagerlabs.com/yampa
>
> I think we should move it to Google Code, though.

How about code.haskell.org ?

Get yr accounts here,

    http://community.haskell.org/admin/

-- Don