a cool paper (.pdf) on Cabal?

Vasili I. Galchin
Hello,

    Before I found a really cool paper on Cabal motivation and architecture. I can no longer find this paper. Any ideas/suggestions?

Kind regards,

Vasili

Re: a cool paper (.pdf) on Cabal?

Benjamin L. Russell
On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 20:22:23 -0500, "Vasili I. Galchin"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>    Before I found a really cool paper on Cabal motivation and architecture.
>I can no longer find this paper. Any ideas/suggestions?

Is this what you are looking for?

The Haskell Cabal: A Common Architecture for Building Applications and
Tools
by Isaac Jones, Simon Peyton Jones, Simon Marlow, Malcolm Wallace, and
Ross Patterson
http://www.haskell.org/cabal/proposal/

-- Benjamin L. Russell
--
Benjamin L. Russell  /   DekuDekuplex at Yahoo dot com
http://dekudekuplex.wordpress.com/

Re: a cool paper (.pdf) on Cabal?

Benjamin L. Russell
On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 13:48:27 +0900, Benjamin L.Russell
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 20:22:23 -0500, "Vasili I. Galchin"
><[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>    Before I found a really cool paper on Cabal motivation and architecture.
>>I can no longer find this paper. Any ideas/suggestions?
>
>Is this what you are looking for?
>
>The Haskell Cabal: A Common Architecture for Building Applications and
>Tools
>by Isaac Jones, Simon Peyton Jones, Simon Marlow, Malcolm Wallace, and
>Ross Patterson
>http://www.haskell.org/cabal/proposal/

Sorry, I forgot that you had specified a .pdf paper in the title.

Then perhaps the following paper is what you are really looking for:

Haskell: Batteries Included
by Duncan Coutts, Isaac Potoczny-Jones, and Don Stewart
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~dons/papers/haskell31-coutts.pdf

-- Benjamin L. Russell
--
Benjamin L. Russell  /   DekuDekuplex at Yahoo dot com
http://dekudekuplex.wordpress.com/
Translator/Interpreter / Mobile:  +011 81 80-3603-6725
-- Matsuo Basho^

Re: Re: a cool paper (.pdf) on Cabal?

Duncan Coutts
On Thu, 2009-06-11 at 13:57 +0900, Benjamin L.Russell wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 13:48:27 +0900, Benjamin L.Russell
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 20:22:23 -0500, "Vasili I. Galchin"
> ><[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>    Before I found a really cool paper on Cabal motivation and architecture.
> >>I can no longer find this paper. Any ideas/suggestions?
> >
> >Is this what you are looking for?
> >
> >The Haskell Cabal: A Common Architecture for Building Applications and
> >Tools
> >by Isaac Jones, Simon Peyton Jones, Simon Marlow, Malcolm Wallace, and
> >Ross Patterson
> >http://www.haskell.org/cabal/proposal/
>
> Sorry, I forgot that you had specified a .pdf paper in the title.

There's a pdf of the same:
http://www.haskell.org/cabal/proposal/pkg-spec.pdf

> Then perhaps the following paper is what you are really looking for:
>
> Haskell: Batteries Included
> by Duncan Coutts, Isaac Potoczny-Jones, and Don Stewart
> http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~dons/papers/haskell31-coutts.pdf

And that paper refers to the earlier one by Isaac:
http://www.cs.ioc.ee/tfp-icfp-gpce05/tfp-proc/24num.pdf

I've linked these from the page on old Cabal stuff:
http://www.haskell.org/cabal/old.html

Duncan