are there any good c parsers + ast builders available for haskell?

are there any good c parsers + ast builders available for haskell?

Carter Schonwald
Hello,
    I'm thinking about having a go at writing some simple static
analysis tools for C, and I think using Haskell would make it a happier
time coding wise, the question being, are there preexisting parsing
tools for C available for haskell?

many thanks
-Carter

Re: are there any good c parsers + ast builders available for haskell?

Don Stewart-2
carter.schonwald:
> Hello,
>     I'm thinking about having a go at writing some simple static
> analysis tools for C, and I think using Haskell would make it a happier
> time coding wise, the question being, are there preexisting parsing
> tools for C available for haskell?
>
> many thanks
> -Carter

See this exciting summer of code project,

    http://code.google.com/soc/2008/haskell/appinfo.html?csaid=27F0E5995982E2C9

the main thing is to build upon the rather complete parser in

    http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~chak/haskell/c2hs/

-- Don

Re: are there any good c parsers + ast builders available for haskell?

Carter Schonwald
that looks perfect, though I guess I'll have to wait till mid-late summer or early fall to enjoy that.

In the mean time, the happy file in c2hs looks like a good place to start, thanks!
-Carter