arrays

Dennis Raddle
I've got a problem that is linear time with mutable arrays, and something
god-awful complicated (not sure of time complexity) without them.

What's the easiest way to use and understand mutable arrays? is it
Data.Array that I want? Any good tutorials?

Thanks,
Dennis
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

arrays

Rafael Gustavo da Cunha Pereira Pinto-2
My advice as a begginer myself: experiment! Do some toy array operation,
such as matrix multiplication.

Test, test ans test. Mutable arrays are kinda easy, and very fast!

I did a LU matrix decomposition with pivoting a few years ago and it was
pretty awesome.

With mutable arrays it was about 5 times faster than normal arrays.

Regards

Rafael

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 16:41, Dennis Raddle <dennis.raddle at gmail.com>wrote:

> I've got a problem that is linear time with mutable arrays, and something
> god-awful complicated (not sure of time complexity) without them.
>
> What's the easiest way to use and understand mutable arrays? is it
> Data.Array that I want? Any good tutorials?
>
> Thanks,
> Dennis

Rafael Gustavo da Cunha Pereira Pinto
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

arrays

David McBride
Try the vector library.  It has both immutable and mutable arrays and
is very good.