build error on Mac

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

build error on Mac

Kazu Yamamoto (山本和彦)
Hi,

I got an build error on Mac today:

make -r --no-print-directory -f ghc.mk phase=final all
"inplace/bin/ghc-stage1" -o utils/dll-split/dist-install/build/tmp/dll-split -hisuf dyn_hi -osuf  dyn_o -hcsuf dyn_hc -fPIC -dynamic  -H32m -O    -hide-all-packages -i -iutils/dll-split/. -iutils/dll-split/dist-install/build -iutils/dll-split/dist-install/build/autogen -Iutils/dll-split/dist-install/build -Iutils/dll-split/dist-install/build/autogen     -optP-include -optPutils/dll-split/dist-install/build/autogen/cabal_macros.h -package base-4.7.0.0 -package containers-0.5.0.0 -package filepath-1.3.0.2 -XHaskell98  -no-user-package-db -rtsopts      -odir utils/dll-split/dist-install/build -hidir utils/dll-split/dist-install/build -stubdir utils/dll-split/dist-install/build    -optl-Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names utils/dll-split/dist-install/build/Main.dyn_o    
ld: unknown option: --undefined=_ghczmprim_GHCziTypes_Izh_static_info
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [utils/dll-split/dist-install/build/tmp/dll-split] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

--Kazu


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

build error on Mac

Austin Seipp-4
*Sigh* This is my fault; my OS X machine went away the other day and I
haven't pulled the other older one out of my closet yet. I apologize
for the inconvenience.

I will push a fix very shortly.

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 1:12 AM, Kazu Yamamoto <kazu at iij.ad.jp> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I got an build error on Mac today:
>
> make -r --no-print-directory -f ghc.mk phase=final all
> "inplace/bin/ghc-stage1" -o utils/dll-split/dist-install/build/tmp/dll-split -hisuf dyn_hi -osuf  dyn_o -hcsuf dyn_hc -fPIC -dynamic  -H32m -O    -hide-all-packages -i -iutils/dll-split/. -iutils/dll-split/dist-install/build -iutils/dll-split/dist-install/build/autogen -Iutils/dll-split/dist-install/build -Iutils/dll-split/dist-install/build/autogen     -optP-include -optPutils/dll-split/dist-install/build/autogen/cabal_macros.h -package base-4.7.0.0 -package containers-0.5.0.0 -package filepath-1.3.0.2 -XHaskell98  -no-user-package-db -rtsopts      -odir utils/dll-split/dist-install/build -hidir utils/dll-split/dist-install/build -stubdir utils/dll-split/dist-install/build    -optl-Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names utils/dll-split/dist-install/build/Main.dyn_o
> ld: unknown option: --undefined=_ghczmprim_GHCziTypes_Izh_static_info
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [utils/dll-split/dist-install/build/tmp/dll-split] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> --Kazu
>
> _______________________________________________
> ghc-devs mailing list
> ghc-devs at haskell.org
> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/ghc-devs



--
Regards,
Austin - PGP: 4096R/0x91384671


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

build error on Mac

Kazu Yamamoto (山本和彦)
> I will push a fix very shortly.

OK. I will try again when you push it.

--Kazu


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

build error on Mac

Austin Seipp-4
Hi Kazu, this should now be fixed.

Once my Mac is back online I'll push my changes again, hopefully without err. :)

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 1:21 AM, Kazu Yamamoto <kazu at iij.ad.jp> wrote:

>> I will push a fix very shortly.
>
> OK. I will try again when you push it.
>
> --Kazu
>
> _______________________________________________
> ghc-devs mailing list
> ghc-devs at haskell.org
> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/ghc-devs



--
Regards,
Austin - PGP: 4096R/0x91384671


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

build error on Mac

Carter Schonwald
any push you just made didn't fix this error

compiler/HsVersions.h:29:5:
     error: '#' is not followed by a macro parameter
{-# NOINLINE name #-};             \
    ^

compiler/HsVersions.h:34:5:
     error: '#' is not followed by a macro parameter
{-# NOINLINE name #-};              \
    ^
2 errors generated.
make[1]: *** [compiler/stage1/build/.depend-v.haskell] Error 1


I'm getting it even when I used gcc and llvm 3.2 and quick-llvm...
also when i do a quick build  plus gcc

anyone else getting this problem



On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 2:29 AM, Austin Seipp <aseipp at pobox.com> wrote:

> Hi Kazu, this should now be fixed.
>
> Once my Mac is back online I'll push my changes again, hopefully without
> err. :)
>
> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 1:21 AM, Kazu Yamamoto <kazu at iij.ad.jp> wrote:
> >> I will push a fix very shortly.
> >
> > OK. I will try again when you push it.
> >
> > --Kazu
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > ghc-devs mailing list
> > ghc-devs at haskell.org
> > http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/ghc-devs
>
>
>
> --
> Regards,
> Austin - PGP: 4096R/0x91384671
>
> _______________________________________________
> ghc-devs mailing list
> ghc-devs at haskell.org
> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/ghc-devs
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-devs/attachments/20130619/deddbbbc/attachment.htm>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

build error on Mac

Austin Seipp-4
This is Clang related and not strictly related to Kazu's error. I'm
confused why you would encounter this. This problem should be fixed by
commit 7b0695 which I pushed to the tree today.

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 2:07 AM, Carter Schonwald
<carter.schonwald at gmail.com> wrote:

> any push you just made didn't fix this error
>
> compiler/HsVersions.h:29:5:
>      error: '#' is not followed by a macro parameter
> {-# NOINLINE name #-};             \
>     ^
>
> compiler/HsVersions.h:34:5:
>      error: '#' is not followed by a macro parameter
> {-# NOINLINE name #-};              \
>     ^
> 2 errors generated.
> make[1]: *** [compiler/stage1/build/.depend-v.haskell] Error 1
>
>
> I'm getting it even when I used gcc and llvm 3.2 and quick-llvm...
> also when i do a quick build  plus gcc
>
> anyone else getting this problem
>
>
>
> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 2:29 AM, Austin Seipp <aseipp at pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Kazu, this should now be fixed.
>>
>> Once my Mac is back online I'll push my changes again, hopefully without
>> err. :)
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 1:21 AM, Kazu Yamamoto <kazu at iij.ad.jp> wrote:
>> >> I will push a fix very shortly.
>> >
>> > OK. I will try again when you push it.
>> >
>> > --Kazu
>> >
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > ghc-devs mailing list
>> > ghc-devs at haskell.org
>> > http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/ghc-devs
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Austin - PGP: 4096R/0x91384671
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> ghc-devs mailing list
>> ghc-devs at haskell.org
>> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/ghc-devs
>
>



--
Regards,
Austin - PGP: 4096R/0x91384671


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

build error on Mac

Carter Schonwald
yup, thanks, figured it out :)



On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 3:10 AM, Austin Seipp <aseipp at pobox.com> wrote:

> This is Clang related and not strictly related to Kazu's error. I'm
> confused why you would encounter this. This problem should be fixed by
> commit 7b0695 which I pushed to the tree today.
>
> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 2:07 AM, Carter Schonwald
> <carter.schonwald at gmail.com> wrote:
> > any push you just made didn't fix this error
> >
> > compiler/HsVersions.h:29:5:
> >      error: '#' is not followed by a macro parameter
> > {-# NOINLINE name #-};             \
> >     ^
> >
> > compiler/HsVersions.h:34:5:
> >      error: '#' is not followed by a macro parameter
> > {-# NOINLINE name #-};              \
> >     ^
> > 2 errors generated.
> > make[1]: *** [compiler/stage1/build/.depend-v.haskell] Error 1
> >
> >
> > I'm getting it even when I used gcc and llvm 3.2 and quick-llvm...
> > also when i do a quick build  plus gcc
> >
> > anyone else getting this problem
> >
> >
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 2:29 AM, Austin Seipp <aseipp at pobox.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Kazu, this should now be fixed.
> >>
> >> Once my Mac is back online I'll push my changes again, hopefully without
> >> err. :)
> >>
> >> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 1:21 AM, Kazu Yamamoto <kazu at iij.ad.jp> wrote:
> >> >> I will push a fix very shortly.
> >> >
> >> > OK. I will try again when you push it.
> >> >
> >> > --Kazu
> >> >
> >> > _______________________________________________
> >> > ghc-devs mailing list
> >> > ghc-devs at haskell.org
> >> > http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/ghc-devs
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >> Austin - PGP: 4096R/0x91384671
> >>
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> ghc-devs mailing list
> >> ghc-devs at haskell.org
> >> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/ghc-devs
> >
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Regards,
> Austin - PGP: 4096R/0x91384671
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-devs/attachments/20130619/433459ee/attachment.htm>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

build error on Mac

Kazu Yamamoto (山本和彦)
In reply to this post by Austin Seipp-4
Hi Austin,

> Once my Mac is back online I'll push my changes again, hopefully
> without err. :)

Fixed. Thank you!

--Kazu