building with stack, need some older versions for one library

building with stack, need some older versions for one library

Dennis Raddle
I'm assembling a large stack project from various places.

I just did "stack new", using the default resolver, copied in most of my code, and got it compiled.

Except I'm stuck on one thing. I need to use the 'midi-0.2.2' library (reads/writes MIDI files). Its depends on older versions of the same of the core packages.

What should I do now? Do I modify the LTS resolver to something older and then type "stack build" again? How can I find an appropriate resolver without hit-and-miss?

Mike

Re: building with stack, need some older versions for one library

Li-yao Xia-2
Stackage has the list of snapshots a package (all its versions) appears in.

https://www.stackage.org/package/midi/snapshots

0.2.2 doesn't appear, but shouldn't 0.2.2.2 and 0.2.2.1 be compatible
with it?

Li-yao

On 1/16/19 8:26 AM, Dennis Raddle wrote:

> I'm assembling a large stack project from various places.
>
> I just did "stack new", using the default resolver, copied in most of my
> code, and got it compiled.
>
> Except I'm stuck on one thing. I need to use the 'midi-0.2.2' library
> (reads/writes MIDI files). Its depends on older versions of the same of
> the core packages.
>
> What should I do now? Do I modify the LTS resolver to something older
> and then type "stack build" again? How can I find an appropriate
> resolver without hit-and-miss?
>
> Mike

Re: building with stack, need some older versions for one library

Yitzchak Gale
If it's just one library, another technique is to add the specific
version of that library to `extra-deps` in `stack.yaml` rather than
changing the entire resolver.