darcs behind firewall

Sukit Tretriluxana
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to specify proxy server and port for darcs to use when it connects to servers? I am behind firewall most of the time and all requests have to go through a proxy.

Thanks,
Ed

Re: darcs behind firewall

Thomas Hartman

If you are on linux (I'm on ubuntu) you should be able to set

export http_proxy=http://proxyserver.com:1234
export https_proxy=http://proxyserver.com:123

vars, per what your sysadmin says. In my case, these are set to the same var that permits me to use firefox via the proxy, in firefox -> edit-> preferences -> network tab -> connection settings, http proxy.

and darcs should "just work"

thomas.

"Sukit Tretriluxana" <[hidden email]>
Sent by: [hidden email]

08/30/2007 03:54 PM

cc
Subject
[Haskell-cafe] darcs behind firewall

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to specify proxy server and port for darcs to use when it connects to servers? I am behind firewall most of the time and all requests have to go through a proxy.

Thanks,
Ed

---

e-mail is strictly forbidden.