does haskell have plist's ?

raptor@tvskat.net
does Haskell have a property lists. Like Lisp ?
any pointer to examples ?

tia

Re: does haskell have plist's ?

Bulat Ziganshin
Hello raptor,

Saturday, February 04, 2006, 7:06:39 PM, you wrote:

r> does Haskell have a property lists. Like Lisp ?
r> any pointer to examples ?

no. Haskell data values don't carry any invisible information besides
of lazyness. in this aspect Haskell is like other compiled languages
like C where "int" is just CPU-level integer what is just 4 bytes and
nothing more (while Lisp is like other interpreted languages)

Re: does haskell have plist's ?

J. Garrett Morris
On 2/4/06, raptor <[hidden email]> wrote:
> does Haskell have a property lists. Like Lisp ?
> any pointer to examples ?

Not built in to the language.  It's not hard to get the same
functionality though - I've attached a module that takes a (not
tremendously elegant) approach to the same thing, though.  You'll have
to store PLists explicitly, though, and this requires GHC.

 /g

--
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown

PList.hs (1K) Download Attachment

Re: does haskell have plist's ?

Scott Weeks
I just wanted to say thanks for posting that, I have been struggling
with a similar problem and I still haven't fully wrapped my head around
Typeable and fundeps so that PList code you posted helped immensely.

Cheers,
Scott