download latest version of cabal-install from hackage

download latest version of cabal-install from hackage

Jonathon Delgado
I'm trying to write a script that will download and install the latest
version of cabal-install. However, I can't find a URL to automatically fetch
the latest version. How can this be done?

download latest version of cabal-install from hackage

yi lu
Click any package in hackage http://hackage.haskell.org/package/data-aviary

See what it will download.

Remember the package dependencies.

Yi

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 5:28 PM, harry <voldermort at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to write a script that will download and install the latest
> version of cabal-install. However, I can't find a URL to automatically
> fetch
> the latest version. How can this be done?

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

yi lu <zhiwudazhanjiangshi <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Click any package in hackage http://hackage.haskell.org/package/data-aviary
> See what it will download.
> Remember the package dependencies.
> Yi
>

> On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 5:28 PM, harry <voldermort <at> hotmail.com>
wrote:I'm trying to write a script that will download and install the latest
> version of cabal-install. However, I can't find a URL to automatically fetch
> the latest version. How can this be done?

That's good for humans :)

I'm trying to download the latest version of the tar.gz from a script. I
guess I could scrape the URL from
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/cabal-install, but I'm looking for a
cleaner solution.

download latest version of cabal-install from hackage

yi lu
In ~/.cabal/pachages/hackage.haskell.org/ folder, there is a list of files
in 00-index.tar.gz .

For example http://hackage.haskell.org/package/data-aviary , there is a
folder `data-aviary`. In it, there are folders `0.4.0`, `0.2.3` ...

In http://hackage.haskell.org/package/data-aviary , the download link is
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/data-aviary-0.4.0/data-aviary-0.4.0.tar.gz

So now, can you infer something from this?

Yi