foreign import unsupported in GHCi on amd64?

foreign import unsupported in GHCi on amd64?

Daniel McAllansmith
Hi,

is foreign import expected to work when using GHCi (ghc 6.4.1) on an amd64
linux platform?

I'm just (attempting) to play around with some code (Oleg et. al.'s Zipper FS)
that has the following lines in it:
ZFS/ZFS.hs:522:foreign import ccall "unistd.h select" c_select
ZFS/ZFS.hs:573:foreign import ccall "fcntl.h fcntl" fcntl

and I get:
Compiling ZFS              ( ZFS.hs, interpreted )
ghc-6.4.1: foreign import is not implemented for GHCi on this platform.

Ticket 290 ( http://cvs.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/290 ) seems to imply the
foreign import wrappers work in ghc 6.4.

Cheers
Daniel

Re: foreign import unsupported in GHCi on amd64?

Daniel McAllansmith
Just to clarify, now that I've had a chance to try building with ghc itself,
the problem _only_ occurs when interpreting using GHCi.
It builds, and runs, fine with ghc.

Daniel