Quantcast

getting started

haskell
i am new to haskell can you tell me the softwares to install in haskell
i have install hugs emacs
but when i write any code it gives same error can you help me start i have lekash too i have installed some more packages

Re: getting started

Luis Cabellos-2

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 11:56 AM, haskell <[hidden email]> wrote:
i am new to haskell can you tell me the softwares to install in haskell
i have install hugs emacs
but when i write any code it gives same error can you help me start i have
lekash too i have installed some more packages

As Ivan recommended, use Haskell Platform:

You can try to learn using this:

You will learn the good practices from the very beginning.

Next, read "Real World Haskell". Free online, not so free Amazon.

Re: getting started

Diego Souza-5
You may also enjoy reading:

http://learnyouahaskell.com/

It is also freely available online.

~dsouza

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 02:56:46AM -0700, haskell wrote:

> i am new to haskell can you tell me the softwares to install in haskell
> i have install hugs emacs
> but when i write any code it gives same error can you help me start i have
> lekash too i have installed some more packages

~dsouza
http://about.me/ds0uza
gpg pub key: http://bitforest.org/~dsouza/pub/gpg-pubkey.txt

Re: getting started

haskell
yes i h ave seen this and learn your haskell for great god and wiki books can you tell me the firat script that works so i can tell what is the problem

Re: getting started

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
On 29 September 2011 00:15, haskell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> yes i h ave seen this and learn your haskell for great god and wiki books can
> you tell me the firat script that works so i can tell what is the problem

You want a simple working program?

Put the following into a file called Hello.hs

<code>
main = putStrLn "Hello World!"
</code>

If you have GHC installed, then run "ghc --make Hello.hs" and then run
the resulting Hello executable ( run "./Hello" on *nix, double-click
the "Hello.exe" on Windows).

For hugs I'm not too sure, but you should be able to do "hugs
Hello.hs" and inside that just type in "main" (without quotes).

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
[hidden email]

Re: getting started

haskell
i have hugs i am installing haskell-platform
when i run in hugs using :load it does nothing

Re: getting started

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
On 29 September 2011 19:14, haskell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> i have hugs i am installing haskell-platform
> when i run in hugs using :load it does nothing

Just loading a file doesn't do anything, you have to give it a command
to do.  Run "main" or something inside hugs.

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
[hidden email]
IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com

Re: getting started

haskell
yes it works i have to send an email to begginers@haskell.com

Re: getting started

Ovidiu Deac
...and later after you got past the basics and you get to monads, if
you have problems understanding them, you should try this tutorial
which is a pretty good lecture
http://mvanier.livejournal.com/3917.html

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 1:23 PM, haskell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> yes it works i have to send an email to [hidden email]

Re: getting started

haskell
thanks for the links

Re: getting started

Daniel Santa Cruz
The patience and helpfulness of this community never ceases to amaze me.
Glad to be part of this bunch.

Daniel.