ghc-prim 0.5.1.1 not on Hackage

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ghc-prim 0.5.1.1 not on Hackage

Michael Snoyman
The Stackage issue tracker just received an issue about ghc-prim 0.5.1.1.


This version of the package has not been uploaded to Hackage, so:

* The Stackage snapshots refer to 0.5.1.1
* The stackage.org documentation shows version 0.5.1.1
* `stack unpack` and `cabal unpack` both fail on ghc-prim-0.5.1.1

Also, it appears that the GHC 8.2.2 release notes still refer to ghc-prim 0.5.1.0.

I'm happy to file an issue for this, but last time this popped up it was unclear if the issue should be filed on GHC Trac or the Hackage Trustees issue tracker.

Michael

_______________________________________________
ghc-devs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ghc-devs
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ghc-prim 0.5.1.1 not on Hackage

lonetiger
Hmm I think this one belongs on the ghc trac. 

The version doesn't seem to exist in master either https://github.com/ghc/ghc/commits/master/libraries/ghc-prim/ghc-prim.cabal and only exists in the 8.2 branch. 

The commit and bug report it references #14171 doesn't seem to have any code changes to ghc-prim (that I can see). So I'm not sure why this was bumped.

So this version is a bit of a mystery.. 

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017, 20:47 Michael Snoyman <[hidden email]> wrote:
The Stackage issue tracker just received an issue about ghc-prim 0.5.1.1.


This version of the package has not been uploaded to Hackage, so:

* The Stackage snapshots refer to 0.5.1.1
* The stackage.org documentation shows version 0.5.1.1
* `stack unpack` and `cabal unpack` both fail on ghc-prim-0.5.1.1

Also, it appears that the GHC 8.2.2 release notes still refer to ghc-prim 0.5.1.0.

I'm happy to file an issue for this, but last time this popped up it was unclear if the issue should be filed on GHC Trac or the Hackage Trustees issue tracker.

Michael
_______________________________________________
ghc-devs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ghc-devs

_______________________________________________
ghc-devs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ghc-devs
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ghc-prim 0.5.1.1 not on Hackage

Ben Gamari-2
Phyx <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hmm I think this one belongs on the ghc trac.
>
> The version doesn't seem to exist in master either
> https://github.com/ghc/ghc/commits/master/libraries/ghc-prim/ghc-prim.cabal
> and only exists in the 8.2 branch.
>
> The commit and bug report it references #14171 doesn't seem to have any
> code changes to ghc-prim (that I can see). So I'm not sure why this was
> bumped.
>
The change in that commit fixes the semantics of retry# which is
exported from GHC.Prim, so I felt that a minor bump at very least was
necessary.

> So this version is a bit of a mystery..
>
> On Tue, Dec 19, 2017, 20:47 Michael Snoyman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> The Stackage issue tracker just received an issue about ghc-prim 0.5.1.1.
>>
>> https://github.com/fpco/stackage/issues/3115
>>
>> This version of the package has not been uploaded to Hackage, so:
>>
>> * The Stackage snapshots refer to 0.5.1.1
>> * The stackage.org documentation shows version 0.5.1.1
>> * `stack unpack` and `cabal unpack` both fail on ghc-prim-0.5.1.1
>>
>> Also, it appears that the GHC 8.2.2 release notes still refer to ghc-prim
>> 0.5.1.0.
>>
Indeed, keeping this in sync has always been a nightmare. I've reworked
the release notes in 8.4 to make this correct by construction.

>> I'm happy to file an issue for this, but last time this popped up it was
>> unclear if the issue should be filed on GHC Trac or the Hackage Trustees
>> issue tracker.
>>
Herbert says he will upload ghc-prim in the next day or so.

Cheers,

- Ben

_______________________________________________
ghc-devs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ghc-devs

signature.asc (497 bytes) Download Attachment