ghci verbosity

Simon Peyton Jones
Friends

ghc -interactive has just started being more verbose.  The "linking...done" stuff didn't happen before.  Does this ring any bells for anyone? I have not investigated at all so far; hoping someone will say "oh yes, I know and will fix".

Simon

bash$  ~/5builds/HEAD/inplace/bin/ghc-stage2 --interactive
GHCi, version 7.7.20140114: http://www.haskell.org/ghc/  :? for help
linking ...
done.

linking ...
done.

linking ...
done.

Prelude>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

ghci verbosity

Arash Rouhani
Ghci always outputted that, no? However, now that it uses a lot of
newlines instead of having it all on the same line.

I have an about 2 months old code base, and I get this output

$ ./inplace/bin/ghc-stage2 --interactive
GHCi, version 7.7.20140106: http://www.haskell.org/ghc/  :? for help

(so in case anyone wants to know when this started, it was after 2
months ago)

Cheers,
Arash

On 2014-01-14 14:59, Simon Peyton Jones wrote:

> Friends
>
> ghc --interactive has just started being more verbose.  The
> "linking...done" stuff didn't happen before.  Does this ring any bells
> for anyone? I have not investigated at all so far; hoping someone will
> say "oh yes, I know and will fix".
>
> Simon
>
> bash$ ~/5builds/HEAD/inplace/bin/ghc-stage2 --interactive
>
> GHCi, version 7.7.20140114: http://www.haskell.org/ghc/  :? for help

> linking ...
>
> done.

> linking ...
>
> done.

> linking ...
>
> done.
>
> Prelude>

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

ghci verbosity

Herbert Valerio Riedel-3
Hello Simon,

On 2014-01-14 at 14:59:55 +0100, Simon Peyton Jones wrote:
> ghc -interactive has just started being more verbose.  The
> "linking...done" stuff didn't happen before.  Does this ring any bells
> for anyone? I have not investigated at all so far; hoping someone will
> say "oh yes, I know and will fix".

I won't use exactly those words... however, I can point you to

  http://git.haskell.org/ghc.git/commitdiff/08a3536e4246e323fbcd8040e0b80001950fe9bc

as the offending commit if that helps... :-)

Greetings,
  hvr

ghci verbosity

Simon Peyton Jones