gnome xmonad on Ubuntu 18.04 or 20.04

Steve Quezadas-2
Did anyone get xmonad working with gnome 3 on Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver or 20.04 Focal Fossa? Ideally, I want it to work with gnome-panel and Ubuntu Docker and various gnome goodies like power management.

I tried adding doing a:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:gekkio/xmonad
sudo apt install gnome-session-xmonad

But it did not work on brand new installs of Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver or 20.04 Focal Fossa . xmonad works but not within the gnome eco-system.

Nothing is in the xmonad wiki either. Has anyone got it to work?

Re: gnome xmonad on Ubuntu 18.04 or 20.04

Kilian Evang-3
I got it to work with 18.04, here's a quasi-minimal configuration with instructions: https://github.com/texttheater/xminid-bionic

No luck yet with 20.04, but I haven't really gotten around to trying yet either.