good lightweight web-framework like sinatra?

good lightweight web-framework like sinatra?

serialhex
i'm looking for something lightweight, that dosnt need it's own
server, can easily run on cgi on an apache with minimal work, and
dosn't have many dependancies. i was looking at yesod, but it is
bigger than i need for my site (at this point) and would take too much
work to get running on my webhost.  though i am looking forward to
learning it and using it in the future, i just need something that
will play nicely with apache & cgi...

justin

p.s. if anyone is interested to know i'm using nearlyfreespeach.net as
my host...  haskell is one of the many languages they support via cgi,
but, at the moment, it is kind of difficult to get yesod or rails or
the like to work on it... :-/

--
*  The wise man said: "Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down
to their level and beat you with experience."

Re: good lightweight web-framework like sinatra?

Vo Minh Thu
Le 21 mars 2012 03:45, serialhex <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> i'm looking for something lightweight, that dosnt need it's own
> server, can easily run on cgi on an apache with minimal work, and
> dosn't have many dependancies. i was looking at yesod, but it is
> bigger than i need for my site (at this point) and would take too much
> work to get running on my webhost.  though i am looking forward to
> learning it and using it in the future, i just need something that
> will play nicely with apache & cgi...
>
> justin
>
> p.s. if anyone is interested to know i'm using nearlyfreespeach.net as
> my host...  haskell is one of the many languages they support via cgi,
> but, at the moment, it is kind of difficult to get yesod or rails or
> the like to work on it... :-/

Hi,

It is unclear what you are looking for. You want a lightweight
framework but what kind of features do you want? You can go straight
CGI (an example is given here
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Practical_web_programming_in_Haskell#Hello_World.21).
But this is obviously not a framework.

By the way, this is the way I got some CGI program to run on
nearlyfreespeach:
http://www.hyperedsoftware.com/blog/entries/ghc-freebsd-virtualbox.html

Cheers,
Thu

Re: good lightweight web-framework like sinatra?

Mark Wotton
Try Miku.

some oddnesses around redefining (-) (I guess Jinjing Wang doesn't like the way $ looks?) but you don't need to import the Air.Light stuff.
Otherwise more or less a straight port of sinatra, and you can run it on heroku...

mark

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 1:45 PM, serialhex <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

A UNIX signature isn't a return address, it's the ASCII equivalent of a
black velvet clown painting. It's a rectangle of carets surrounding a
quote from a literary giant of weeniedom like Heinlein or Dr. Who.
        -- Chris Maeda

Re: good lightweight web-framework like sinatra?

Conrad Parker
On 23 March 2012 04:55, Mark Wotton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Try Miku.
>
> https://github.com/nfjinjing/miku
>
> some oddnesses around redefining (-) (I guess Jinjing Wang doesn't like the
> way $ looks?) but you don't need to import the Air.Light stuff.
> Otherwise more or less a straight port of sinatra, and you can run it on
> heroku...

Hi Mark,

Is it possible to use Miku without hack2-handler-snap-server?

Conrad.

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Conrad Parker <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 23 March 2012 04:55, Mark Wotton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Try Miku.
>
> https://github.com/nfjinjing/miku
>
> some oddnesses around redefining (-) (I guess Jinjing Wang doesn't like the
> way $ looks?) but you don't need to import the Air.Light stuff.
> Otherwise more or less a straight port of sinatra, and you can run it on
> heroku...

Hi Mark,

Is it possible to use Miku without hack2-handler-snap-server?

Heya Conrad,

not sure, I haven't tried.

mark

--
A UNIX signature isn't a return address, it's the ASCII equivalent of a
black velvet clown painting. It's a rectangle of carets surrounding a
quote from a literary giant of weeniedom like Heinlein or Dr. Who.
        -- Chris Maeda

Re: good lightweight web-framework like sinatra?

Dag Odenhall
On 21 March 2012 03:45, serialhex <[hidden email]> wrote:
i'm looking for something lightweight, that dosnt need it's own
server, can easily run on cgi on an apache with minimal work, and
dosn't have many dependancies. i was looking at yesod, but it is
bigger than i need for my site (at this point) and would take too much
work to get running on my webhost.  though i am looking forward to
learning it and using it in the future, i just need something that
will play nicely with apache & cgi...

You could use WAI without warp/yesod? There's a CGI handler in wai-extra.

Re: good lightweight web-framework like sinatra?

aditya bhargava
Here's another Miku / Sinatra-like framework that looks interesting:

From the README:

My issue with miku is that it uses the Hack2 interface
instead of WAI (they are analogous, but the latter seems to have more traction),
and that it is written using a custom prelude called Air

Adit

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 8:09 AM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 21 March 2012 03:45, serialhex <[hidden email]> wrote:
i'm looking for something lightweight, that dosnt need it's own
server, can easily run on cgi on an apache with minimal work, and
dosn't have many dependancies. i was looking at yesod, but it is
bigger than i need for my site (at this point) and would take too much
work to get running on my webhost.  though i am looking forward to
learning it and using it in the future, i just need something that
will play nicely with apache & cgi...

You could use WAI without warp/yesod? There's a CGI handler in wai-extra.

adit.io