haddock-2.3.0 error: file name does not match module name

haddock-2.3.0 error: file name does not match module name

Alistair Bayley
I'm getting an error when I run setup haddock-2.3.0 on the Takusen src:

haddock.exe: File name does not match module name:
Saw: `Main'
Expected: `Database.Enumerator'

I assume that it's procesing file Database.Enumerator.lhs when it
emits this, but I'm puzzled because the module name in
Database.Enumerator.lhs is certainly Database.Enumerator, and not
Main.

Or am I looking in the wrong place?

Alistair

Re: haddock-2.3.0 error: file name does not match module name

matthijs
> I assume that it's procesing file Database.Enumerator.lhs when it
> emits this, but I'm puzzled because the module name in
> Database.Enumerator.lhs is certainly Database.Enumerator, and not
> Main.
Any chance the module statement in the file is wrong? I think I remember
seeing this error once when I accidentally typed Module instead of module.
Apparently ghc assumes "Main" when there is no valid module statement.

Gr.

Matthijs

2009/1/29 Matthijs Kooijman <[hidden email]>:
>> I assume that it's procesing file Database.Enumerator.lhs when it
>> emits this, but I'm puzzled because the module name in
>> Database.Enumerator.lhs is certainly Database.Enumerator, and not
>> Main.
> Any chance the module statement in the file is wrong? I think I remember
> seeing this error once when I accidentally typed Module instead of module.
> Apparently ghc assumes "Main" when there is no valid module statement.

It's not this, but it certainly looks like something similar is
confusing haddock.

Alistair

Re: haddock-2.3.0 error: file name does not match module name

David Waern-2
2009/1/29 Alistair Bayley <[hidden email]>:

> 2009/1/29 Matthijs Kooijman <[hidden email]>:
>>> I assume that it's procesing file Database.Enumerator.lhs when it
>>> emits this, but I'm puzzled because the module name in
>>> Database.Enumerator.lhs is certainly Database.Enumerator, and not
>>> Main.
>> Any chance the module statement in the file is wrong? I think I remember
>> seeing this error once when I accidentally typed Module instead of module.
>> Apparently ghc assumes "Main" when there is no valid module statement.
>
> It's not this, but it certainly looks like something similar is
> confusing haddock.

This has been reported before:

  http://trac.haskell.org/haddock/ticket/73#comment:4

Not sure what's going on yet. If anyone's got a minimal test-case,
that'd be great.

David

Re: haddock-2.3.0 error: file name does not match module name

Alistair Bayley
> This has been reported before:
>
>  http://trac.haskell.org/haddock/ticket/73#comment:4
>
> Not sure what's going on yet. If anyone's got a minimal test-case,
> that'd be great.

This is what fails for me (in Test/Fail.hs):

{- # LANGUAGE CPP #-}
module Test.Fail

I've added this to the trac ticket. Note the space between {- and #.

Alistair