[hadrian] Use LLVM for test and validate target

[hadrian] Use LLVM for test and validate target

Stefan Schulze Frielinghaus
Hi all,

Is it possible to force Hadrian to use the LLVM code generator for the
test and validate targets?  For example, while using the following
commands it seems to me that only the native code generator (if
available) is used:

$ ./hadrian/build -c -j --flavour=quick-llvm test
$ ./hadrian/build -c -j --flavour=validate

Cheers,
Stefan

Re: [hadrian] Use LLVM for test and validate target

Ben Gamari-2
Stefan Schulze Frielinghaus <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to force Hadrian to use the LLVM code generator for the
> test and validate targets?  For example, while using the following
> commands it seems to me that only the native code generator (if
> available) is used:
>
> $ ./hadrian/build -c -j --flavour=quick-llvm test

I think you want --test-speed=slow. This enables all testsuite ways
(some of which use -fllvm).

> $ ./hadrian/build -c -j --flavour=validate

Note that this isn't a target but rather a build flavour. I don't
believe that there is an analogous flavour which bootstraps with -fllvm,
but you could easily edit its definition (either via
hadrian/UserSettings.hs or by editing
hadrian/src/Settings/Flavours/Validate.hs).

Cheers,

- Ben