#haskell-game & Haskellers Game Interest Group

#haskell-game & Haskellers Game Interest Group

snk_kid

Some of us interested in Haskell GameDev have formed chat room & Haskellers Interest Group, you can out find more info here. Just spreading the word around.

Re: #haskell-game & Haskellers Game Interest Group

serialhex
i assume you mean here: http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Game_Development

the link wasnt in your orig post & i had to google it :P  i'm interested to see what you've got here.

hex

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 4:50 AM, Korcan Hussein <[hidden email]> wrote:

Some of us interested in Haskell GameDev have formed chat room & Haskellers Interest Group, you can out find more info here. Just spreading the word around.

Re: #haskell-game & Haskellers Game Interest Group

Yves Parès
Concerning game development in Haskell, I would be most interested in
an article explaining one (or several) game architectures in Haskell,
i.e. how do you design the high layers of your game to take the most
of Haskell features : threads, monads, type families etc.
I don't know if such a paper exists...

2011/2/12 serialhex <[hidden email]>:

> i assume you mean here: http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Game_Development
> the link wasnt in your orig post & i had to google it :P  i'm interested to
> see what you've got here.
> hex
>
> On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 4:50 AM, Korcan Hussein <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Some of us interested in Haskell GameDev have formed chat room &
>> Haskellers Interest Group, you can out find more info here. Just spreading
>> the word around.

Re: #haskell-game & Haskellers Game Interest Group

Stephen Tetley-2
On 22 February 2011 13:19, Yves Parès <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Concerning game development in Haskell, I would be most interested in
> an article explaining one (or several) game architectures in Haskell,
> i.e. how do you design the high layers of your game to take the most
> of Haskell features : threads, monads, type families etc.
> I don't know if such a paper exists...

There's Mike Wiering's thesis detailing the design of a toolkit for
platform / scroller games in Clean.

http://cleangl.sourceforge.net/thesis/

Being a Clean library it uses uniqueness typing and a "World state"
where Haskell would use some style of State monad or StateRefs.