haskell-mode.el mailing list (+ dpatch)

Valery V. Vorotyntsev
Is there anybody except me feeling the need for mailing list and issue
tracker for emacs' haskell-mode?

Mailing list is a forum to discuss ideas _and_ the area of patch
authors' self-advertisement. And issue tracker is a TODO list; it may
be useful or annoying, and I think we can live without one for a
while.

But I vote for haskell-mode.el mailing list.

Examples:
  http://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/list

-- Description of the attached dpatch:
  * make `inferior-haskell-find-project-root' respect export lists

  A "hierarchical module" (one or more dots in module name) with an
  export list cannot be loaded (`C-c C-l') unless there is .cabal file
  available.

  That is because regexp current in `inferior-haskell-find-project-root'
  does not match module headers with export lists. Like this one:

  module Codec.Binary.MSCP (
      -- * Data structures
      FileHeader(..),
      CDR(..),

      -- * Parsing
      readFile
    ) where

  This patch makes the regexp less strict.

Have fun!

--
vvv
<#part type="application/octet-stream" filename="/tmp/XXX/respect-export-lists.dpatch" disposition=attachment description=respect-export-lists.dpatch>

Re: haskell-mode.el mailing list (+ dpatch)

Valery V. Vorotyntsev
> -- Description of the attached dpatch:
>  * make `inferior-haskell-find-project-root' respect export lists

No joke this time. Sorry for the glitch.

--
vvv

respect-export-lists.dpatch (4K) Download Attachment

Re: haskell-mode.el mailing list (+ dpatch)

Jose A. Ortega Ruiz-2
[hidden email] (Valery V. Vorotyntsev) writes:

> Is there anybody except me feeling the need for mailing list and issue
> tracker for emacs' haskell-mode?

FWIW, you have my vote too. I'm convinced that a discussion forum and
tracker would foster contributions from the many emacs users in the
community.

Cheers,
jao
--
Purely applicative languages are poorly applicable.
  - Alan Perlis, Epigrams in Programing

Re: Re: haskell-mode.el mailing list (+ dpatch)

Johan Tibell-2
On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 1:03 AM, Jose A. Ortega Ruiz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [hidden email] (Valery V. Vorotyntsev) writes:
>
>> Is there anybody except me feeling the need for mailing list and issue
>> tracker for emacs' haskell-mode?
>
> FWIW, you have my vote too. I'm convinced that a discussion forum and
> tracker would foster contributions from the many emacs users in the
> community.

I would like to see this too. emacs-mode is important for my productivity.

-- Johan

Re: haskell-mode.el mailing list (+ dpatch)

Bas van Dijk-2
On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 12:06 AM, Valery V. Vorotyntsev
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there anybody except me feeling the need for mailing list and issue
> tracker for emacs' haskell-mode?

+1

Since there already is a haskellmode-emacs project on the
http://community.haskell.org server we can start a mailing list and
issue tracker easily:

http://code.haskell.org/haskellmode-emacs/

regards,

Bas

Re: haskell-mode.el mailing list (+ dpatch)

Svein Ove Aas
On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 9:21 AM, Bas van Dijk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 12:06 AM, Valery V. Vorotyntsev
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Is there anybody except me feeling the need for mailing list and issue
>> tracker for emacs' haskell-mode?
>
> +1
>
> Since there already is a haskellmode-emacs project on the
> http://community.haskell.org server we can start a mailing list and
> issue tracker easily:

Well, I know when I'm beat..

http://trac.haskell.org/haskellmode-emacs/

Svein Ove Aas

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 9:37 AM, Svein Ove Aas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 9:21 AM, Bas van Dijk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 12:06 AM, Valery V. Vorotyntsev
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Is there anybody except me feeling the need for mailing list and issue
>>> tracker for emacs' haskell-mode?
>>
>> +1
>>
>> Since there already is a haskellmode-emacs project on the
>> http://community.haskell.org server we can start a mailing list and
>> issue tracker easily:
>>
> Well, I know when I'm beat..
>
> http://trac.haskell.org/haskellmode-emacs/

Joined.

Thank you,

Bas

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Svein Ove Aas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> http://trac.haskell.org/haskellmode-emacs/

Hurray!
Thanks, Svein.

--
vvv

Re: haskell-mode.el mailing list (+ dpatch)

Roel van Dijk-3
On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 9:37 AM, Svein Ove Aas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Well, I know when I'm beat..
>
> http://trac.haskell.org/haskellmode-emacs/

Nice! I joined the list and submitted my first ticket.

Keep up the good work.

Svein Ove Aas <[hidden email]> writes:

> Well, I know when I'm beat..
>
> http://trac.haskell.org/haskellmode-emacs/

Excellent! Thanks. Any objection to my adding the list to gmane.org?

Cheers,
jao
--
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Re: haskell-mode.el mailing list (+ dpatch)

Benjamin L. Russell
On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 09:37:21 +0100, Svein Ove Aas <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 9:21 AM, Bas van Dijk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 12:06 AM, Valery V. Vorotyntsev
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Is there anybody except me feeling the need for mailing list and issue
>>> tracker for emacs' haskell-mode?
>>
>> +1
>>
>> Since there already is a haskellmode-emacs project on the
>> http://community.haskell.org server we can start a mailing list and
>> issue tracker easily:
>>
>Well, I know when I'm beat..
>
>http://trac.haskell.org/haskellmode-emacs/

Excellent topic for a mailing list!  I edit most of my Haskell
programs in haskell-mode in Emacs.

Joined!

-- Benjamin L. Russell
--
Benjamin L. Russell  /   DekuDekuplex at Yahoo dot com
http://dekudekuplex.wordpress.com/

Re: haskell-mode.el mailing list (+ dpatch)

Paulo Tanimoto-2
On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 2:37 AM, Svein Ove Aas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Well, I know when I'm beat..
>
> http://trac.haskell.org/haskellmode-emacs/

Thank you, Svein!  I'm glad to see there's a good number of people
using haskellmode.

Paulo

Re: haskell-mode.el mailing list (+ dpatch)

Gour-4
On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 11:37:11 +0100

Jose> Excellent! Thanks. Any objection to my adding the list to
Jose> gmane.org?

+1 for adding it to gmane.

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: F96FF5F6

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Jose A. Ortega Ruiz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Svein Ove Aas <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> Well, I know when I'm beat..
>>
>> http://trac.haskell.org/haskellmode-emacs/

> Excellent! Thanks. Any objection to my adding the list to gmane.org?

I certainly don't mind.

I've noticed that the list administrative interface has a news-gateway
option. Is there anything I should do there?

--
Svein Ove Aas

Re: haskell-mode.el mailing list (+ dpatch)

Jose A. Ortega Ruiz-2
Svein Ove Aas <[hidden email]> writes:

> I certainly don't mind.
>
> I've noticed that the list administrative interface has a news-gateway
> option. Is there anything I should do there?

I've submitted the request. I don't think the news-gateway option is
needed in this case, but i'll ask when i hear back from gmane.

Thanks!
jao
--
I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
 -Marshall McLuhan (1911-1980)

Re: haskell-mode.el mailing list (+ dpatch)

Benjamin L. Russell
On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 21:15:59 +0100, Svein Ove Aas <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Jose A. Ortega Ruiz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Svein Ove Aas <[hidden email]> writes:
>>
>>> Well, I know when I'm beat..
>>>
>>> http://trac.haskell.org/haskellmode-emacs/

>> Excellent! Thanks. Any objection to my adding the list to gmane.org?
>>
>I certainly don't mind.
>
>I've noticed that the list administrative interface has a news-gateway
>option. Is there anything I should do there?

You don't need to worry about that one.  When I set up the gateway to
Gmane.org for the Haskell-Beginners mailing list, there had been no
need to bother with that option.

-- Benjamin L. Russell