haskell + python numpy

PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel
Hello,

I would like to use some python code in order to do my computation with haskell.
The idea is to use python and all it's numrical stack in some places, until I find the time to replace the python code by some haskell code.

what I will do is

read the data from hdf5 with bindings-hdf5 in haskell
obtain a Storable for all my data images
then I would like to create a python object which will use these data in order to generate in return another array.

get back this array and put it into another hdf5 file.

Indeed I want to do this with the pipes library.

I would like to know if someone have some code examples for this kind of use case.

interfacing haskell with python numpy object back and forth.

thanks for your help

Frederic

Re: haskell + python numpy

Daniel Bergey
I've seen a couple of blog posts (with code) about calling Python from
Haskell.  I haven't tried any of this code myself, and I can't recall
seeing anything specifically about Numpy types.

circa 2010: https://john-millikin.com/articles/ride-the-snake/

2014:
http://www.lunaryorn.com/2014/04/15/calling-python-from-haskell.html

2014-2015: https://github.com/Russell91/pyfi

bergey

On 2016-03-19 at 07:47, PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to use some python code in order to do my computation with haskell.
> The idea is to use python and all it's numrical stack in some places, until I find the time to replace the python code by some haskell code.
>
> what I will do is
>
> read the data from hdf5 with bindings-hdf5 in haskell
> obtain a Storable for all my data images
> then I would like to create a python object which will use these data in order to generate in return another array.
>
> get back this array and put it into another hdf5 file.
>
> Indeed I want to do this with the pipes library.
>
> I would like to know if someone have some code examples for this kind of use case.
>
> interfacing haskell with python numpy object back and forth.
>
> thanks for your help
>
> Frederic

Re: haskell + python numpy

PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel
Hello,

thanks for the pointer, I will see if one of these package can be usefull for me :)

Cheers

Frederic