hoopl dependency

GHC - devs mailing list

Devs,

Matko (an intern here at MSR) says

Matko Bosnjak 19:02:

Hi Simon,
There's a 'bug' in some of the latest commits of ghc on git. When running
./build

I get:

Error: libraries/hoopl/LICENSE doesn't exist.

Maybe you haven't done 'git submodule update --init'? at ./boot line 112, <PACKAGES> line 54.

Someone removed the dependency on hoopl library, but hasn't removed it from the 'packages' file.

What should he do?

Re: hoopl dependency

Ben Gamari-2
Simon Peyton Jones via ghc-devs <[hidden email]> writes:

> Devs,
> Matko (an intern here at MSR) says
> Matko Bosnjak 19:02:
> Hi Simon,
> There's a 'bug' in some of the latest commits of ghc on git. When running
> ./build
>
> I get:
>
> Error: libraries/hoopl/LICENSE doesn't exist.
> Maybe you haven't done 'git submodule update --init'? at ./boot line 112, <PACKAGES> line 54.
>
> Someone removed the dependency on hoopl library, but hasn't removed it from the 'packages' file.

I don't think that is the issue; hoopl was indeed removed from packages.
What commit is he on? Has he run `git submodule update --init`?

Cheers,

- Ben