hugs98 on macports

Calum Robertson
Hi,

I've installed hugs98 (version September 2006) using macports on
Leopard and I'm having a few problems when I try to load code that
contains: import Graphics.SOE (I'm typing in programs from the School
of Expression book by Paul Hudak). I get the error:

ERROR "/opt/local/lib/hugs/packages/HGL/Graphics/HGL/Internals/
Types.hs" - Can't find imported module "Graphics.X11.Xlib"

Apart from this, Hugs seems to run okay. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Re: hugs98 on macports

Benjamin L. Russell
Not sure if this will help, but I just read about a
similar problem that a user had in installing
SWI-Prolog on X11 on Leopard; since this problem seems
related, let me forward to this list his message
below.

To sum, I would suggest that you try the following
procedure (the following procedure has been quoted and
edited from the version by Tom Conlon):

> [1.]  Make sure ... that your MacPorts installation
> has updated its portfiles:
>
> sudo port -v selfupdate
>
> [2.]  [U]se the port command with  the <f> option:
>
> sudo port -f install <program-name>
>
> [(E.g., for SWI-Prolog, the above command would be
> typed as follows:
> sudo port -f install swi-prolog
> )]
>
> [3.]  Be sure in advance to install not just the
> latest version of Leopard, but also get the latest
> X11 from the usual source:
>
> http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/xquartz

Hope this helps!

Benjamin L. Russell