is 'stack ghci' really experimental?

Dennis Raddle
I noticed that the stack docs say 'stack ghci' is experimental. I assume it's a common need (certainly is for me) to interpret my code while developing. Is it safe to use 'stack ghci' or is there another way that is more robust?

Re: is 'stack ghci' really experimental?

Dennis Raddle
Oh, I also wanted to ask about Haskell mode of Emacs and ghci. I have not tried to run ghci from within Emacs, but I can imagine doing so would provide an advantage. Does haskelll-mode parse line numbers in error messages and jump to them?

And is it possible to run 'stack ghci' from within haskell-mode?

Thanks

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 7:39 PM, Dennis Raddle <[hidden email]> wrote:
I noticed that the stack docs say 'stack ghci' is experimental. I assume it's a common need (certainly is for me) to interpret my code while developing. Is it safe to use 'stack ghci' or is there another way that is more robust?

Re: is 'stack ghci' really experimental?

Adam Bergmark-2
I'm sure stack ghci still has some quirks, but i've used it since the initial release without major problems.

I'd recommend looking at intero mode for stack+emacs integration.

On Wed, 31 May 2017 at 09:36, Dennis Raddle <[hidden email]> wrote:
Oh, I also wanted to ask about Haskell mode of Emacs and ghci. I have not tried to run ghci from within Emacs, but I can imagine doing so would provide an advantage. Does haskelll-mode parse line numbers in error messages and jump to them?

And is it possible to run 'stack ghci' from within haskell-mode?

Thanks

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 7:39 PM, Dennis Raddle <[hidden email]> wrote:
I noticed that the stack docs say 'stack ghci' is experimental. I assume it's a common need (certainly is for me) to interpret my code while developing. Is it safe to use 'stack ghci' or is there another way that is more robust?

Re: is 'stack ghci' really experimental?

Chris Sasarak
It does allow you to navigate to errors, there is also stack support. The relevant page of the manual is here:

https://haskell.github.io/haskell-mode/manual/latest/Interactive-Haskell.html#Interactive-Haskell

-Chris