is the a way to reinstall a package with cabal install?

is the a way to reinstall a package with cabal install?

Anatoly Yakovenko
is the a way to reinstall a package with cabal install?  I want to add
profiling support to a libarary.

Thanks,
Anatoly

Re: is the a way to reinstall a package with cabal install?

Bugzilla from alfonso.acosta@gmail.com
cabal install --reinstall

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 6:42 PM, Anatoly Yakovenko <[hidden email]> wrote:

> is the a way to reinstall a package with cabal install?  I want to add
> profiling support to a libarary.
>
> Thanks,
> Anatoly

Re: is the a way to reinstall a package with cabal install?

Duncan Coutts
On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 09:42 -0700, Anatoly Yakovenko wrote:
> is the a way to reinstall a package with cabal install?  I want to add
> profiling support to a libarary.

Yes. With cabal-install-0.5.2 and later:

$ cabal install foobar --reinstall --enable-library-profiling

If you always want profiling libs you can set that preference in the
~/.cabal/config file.

Of course if cabal-install were really clever it'd know that packages
were installed without the profiling libs and be able to install just
those profiling versions.
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/282

Duncan
(who should really write a cabal-install user guide)