ld.gold

Kazu Yamamoto (山本和彦)
Hi,

If I understand correctly, GHC head supports ld.gold (on Linux). But
GHC got the following error:

----
% ghc -pgml=ld.gold -threaded Witty.hs
[1 of 9] Compiling Types            ( Types.hs, Types.o )
[9 of 9] Compiling Main             ( Witty.hs, Witty.o )
Linking Witty ...

<no location info>:
    Warning: Couldn't figure out linker information!
             Make sure you're using GNU ld, GNU gold or the built in OS X linker, etc.
ld.gold: -Wl,-u,ghczmprim_GHCziTypes_Izh_static_info: unknown option
ld.gold: use the --help option for usage information
----

How can I provide necessary linker information to GHC?

--Kazu

ld.gold

Kazu Yamamoto (山本和彦)
Hi,

I noticed that if I made a symbolic link from /usr/bin/ld to ld.gold,
it works. I guess this is a bug of -pgml.

--Kazu