liboleg

Suhail Shergill
hi,

i would like to take over as maintainer of the liboleg package on hackage
<http://hackage.haskell.org/package/liboleg>. i have gotten permission from the
author (oleg) and the current maintainer (don) regarding the same via email.

my hackage username is shergill. if there are no objections, could i be added to
the maintainer group for liboleg and be granted upload rights?

--
Suhail

Re: liboleg

Jason Dagit-3
As a user, it would be nicer if the collection is split into separate libraries based on functionality. I think his has been done for some of Oleg's ideas (reflection, iteratee, etc).

Just throwing in my $0.02 even though you didn't ask :)

Re: liboleg

Erik Hesselink
Hi Suhail,

In principle, maintainers can (and should) do this themselves. There's
a link to the "maintainer's corner" at the bottom of the package page,
which allows adding and removing of maintainers.

In cases where the maintainer is unresposive/unavailable, we (hackage
admins) can do it, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Regards,

Erik

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 1:31 AM, Suhail Shergill
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi,
>
> i would like to take over as maintainer of the liboleg package on hackage
> <http://hackage.haskell.org/package/liboleg>. i have gotten permission from the
> author (oleg) and the current maintainer (don) regarding the same via email.
>
> my hackage username is shergill. if there are no objections, could i be added to
> the maintainer group for liboleg and be granted upload rights?
>
> --
> Suhail

Re: liboleg

Suhail Shergill
Erik Hesselink <[hidden email]> writes:

> In cases where the maintainer is unresposive/unavailable, we (hackage admins)
> can do it, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

though don did grant me permission via email, i never heard back from him when i
asked him to add me to the maintainers group (i verified by trying to log in to
<http://hackage.haskell.org/package/liboleg/maintain>). should i be able to
access that area *before* i upload a copy of liboleg, or only afterwards? i'm
cc-ing don to this thread as well.

since this will be the first time i'll be maintaining a package on hackage it's
possible i'm making some fundamental mistake; if so please do correct me (and
excuse my bumbling ways).

--
Suhail

Re: liboleg

Erik Hesselink
On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 1:34 PM, Suhail Shergill
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Erik Hesselink <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> In cases where the maintainer is unresposive/unavailable, we (hackage admins)
>> can do it, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.
>
> though don did grant me permission via email, i never heard back from him when i
> asked him to add me to the maintainers group (i verified by trying to log in to
> <http://hackage.haskell.org/package/liboleg/maintain>). should i be able to
> access that area *before* i upload a copy of liboleg, or only afterwards? i'm
> cc-ing don to this thread as well.
>
> since this will be the first time i'll be maintaining a package on hackage it's
> possible i'm making some fundamental mistake; if so please do correct me (and
> excuse my bumbling ways).

Oleg, Don: could you either:

1) Add Suhail to the maintainers for liboleg. This is the best option,
since us having to do this for every package doesn't scale.
2) Tell us it's ok, but you don't want to/can't add Suhail. In that
case we'll do it.

Suhail, you should be able to access that area once you are a
maintainer, before you upload the package.

Regards,

Erik