lint-submods-marge consistently failing when attempting to update Haddock

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

lint-submods-marge consistently failing when attempting to update Haddock

Ryan Scott
I've noticed that Marge's most recent batch is consistently failing
after repeated attempts. Each time, the failure is only in the
lint-submods-marge job. Here is an excerpt from the most recent
failure [1]:

    Submodule update(s) detected in 1cd22260c2467650dde8811cc58e89594a016f43:
     utils/haddock => 658ad4af237f3da196cca083ad525375260e38a7
    *FAIL* commit not found in submodule repo
           or not reachable from persistent branches

My understanding is that the lint-submods-marge job checks for any
submodule updates, and if there is an update, it ensures that the new
commit is actually present upstream. However, I have already pushed
Haddock commit 658ad4af237f3da196cca083ad525375260e38a7 upstream on
GitHub [2], and there has been enough time for this commit to also
appear on the GitLab mirror [3]. Despite this, lint-submods-marge
keeps failing, and I have no idea why. Does anyone know what to do
from here?

Ryan S.
-----
[1] https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/jobs/119054
[2] https://github.com/haskell/haddock/commit/658ad4af237f3da196cca083ad525375260e38a7
[3] https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/haddock/commit/658ad4af237f3da196cca083ad525375260e38a7
_______________________________________________
ghc-devs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ghc-devs
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: lint-submods-marge consistently failing when attempting to update Haddock

Ryan Scott
Ben indicates (on the #ghc IRC channel) that he suspects something is
amiss with the lint-submods-marge job.

Ryan S.
_______________________________________________
ghc-devs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ghc-devs
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: lint-submods-marge consistently failing when attempting to update Haddock

Ryan Scott
In reply to this post by Ryan Scott
The submodule linter appears to have been disabled in [1]. As Matthew notes in [2], perhaps we should probably open a ticket to track how to restore it.

Ryan S.
-----

_______________________________________________
ghc-devs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ghc-devs
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: lint-submods-marge consistently failing when attempting to update Haddock

Ben Gamari-2
Ryan Scott <[hidden email]> writes:

> The submodule linter appears to have been disabled in [1]. As Matthew notes
> in [2], perhaps we should probably open a ticket to track how to restore it.
>
I opened a ticket [1] in my gitlab-migration project where I track this sort
of administrative task.

Cheers,

- Ben


[1]https://gitlab.haskell.org/bgamari/gitlab-migration/issues/73 

_______________________________________________
ghc-devs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ghc-devs

signature.asc (497 bytes) Download Attachment