make binary-dist on Solaris 10.

Karel Gardas

Folks,

I'm trying to kind of resurrect Solaris 10 support. Got to `make
binary-dist' already but now this fails with:

cd bindistprep && "/usr/sfw/bin/gtar" hcf - -T ../bindist-list | bzip2
-c > ../bindistprep/ghc-7.8.20140130-i386-unknown-solaris2.tar.bz2
/usr/sfw/bin/gtar: ghc-7.8.20140130/compiler/stage2/doc: Cannot stat: No
such file or directory
/usr/sfw/bin/gtar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
mv bindistprep/*.tar.bz2 .

I'd just like to ask here, any idea what tool is responsible for
generating this doc content in compiler's stage2 dir? My idea is that
some tool(s) is missing on Solaris 10, configure detects this, general
build is fine then, but bindist counts with the `doc' dir populated. So
just let me know into what direction I shall look...

Thanks!
Karel

make binary-dist on Solaris 10.

Carter Schonwald
could be worth throwing a ticket on track for this.

Likewise, for the patches your hacking out, could you also put them on trac
TOO? Hard to make sure core ghc devs can keep track of those patches
otherwise (let along have a centralized log of the discussion)

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 2:32 AM, Karel Gardas <karel.gardas at centrum.cz>wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I'm trying to kind of resurrect Solaris 10 support. Got to `make
> binary-dist' already but now this fails with:
>
> cd bindistprep && "/usr/sfw/bin/gtar" hcf - -T ../bindist-list | bzip2 -c
> > ../bindistprep/ghc-7.8.20140130-i386-unknown-solaris2.tar.bz2
> /usr/sfw/bin/gtar: ghc-7.8.20140130/compiler/stage2/doc: Cannot stat: No
> such file or directory
> /usr/sfw/bin/gtar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
> mv bindistprep/*.tar.bz2 .
>
> I'd just like to ask here, any idea what tool is responsible for
> generating this doc content in compiler's stage2 dir? My idea is that some
> tool(s) is missing on Solaris 10, configure detects this, general build is
> fine then, but bindist counts with the `doc' dir populated. So just let me
> know into what direction I shall look...
>
> Thanks!
> Karel

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

make binary-dist on Solaris 10.

Karel Gardas

Sorry for making this noise, but this was my mistake. I've build GHC
with quick flavor set in mk/build.mk and this way nobody can wonder why
there is no doc generated.

Now, with a little bit of patching (by patches I already provided), I'm
able to build functional Solaris 10 based binary distribution from RC1.

Karel