master window with fixed pixels layout.

Alejandro Garcia
Hello first of all thank you for xmonad.
the seconds I have saved every day by not having o drag and drop windows
has given me more time to focus on what matters.
get the job done and go home to play with my kids.

 I would like to know:
Is there a window layout with the property that the width and height
of the master window can be specified in pixels?

my use case Is that I would like to record video casts.
But it would be helpful for me if the window size of the master window
stays fixed independently of the other windows open in the screen.

I have checke FixedColumns. but on it the Width of the column is
specified in a rare metric (characters?)
plus the height is not fixed.

Any recommendation ?
Thanks in advance.

--
Alejandro García F. (elviejo)

Too brief? Here's why! http://emailcharter.org

EOM – End Of Message. The whole message is in the subject don't need to open it.
NNTR – No Need To Respond. Help cut down on all those “cool” and
“thanks” emails.
SINGLE SUBJECT. Send one email for one topic, this makes replies easy..
CLEAR CALL TO ACTION: Ask for some specific result very clearly.

Re: master window with fixed pixels layout.

Brandon Allbery
xmonad does everything in terms of fractions of a screen size, because a workspace is not pinned to a particular monitor and monitors may have different resolutions. So it's not clear what a pixel-based size would do, especially if it were bigger than one of the monitors.

On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 4:11 PM Alejandro Garcia <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

brandon s allbery kf8nh