mutually recursive modules and template haskell

mutually recursive modules and template haskell

Bugzilla from alfonso.acosta@gmail.com
Hi,

I recently reopened an old bug related to TH and mutually recursive
modules. http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/1012

Sorry to repost about the bug in this list but the is being a major
blocker for me.

It seems that "ghc --make" could do better when figuring out the build
dependencies when mutually recursive modules and TH are used in the
same set of modules.

Could someone please confirm if I really ran into a bug?

A workaround for me would providing an specific compilation order
(sorry if this is offtopic). I'm using cabal, I tried using Setup
makefile to avoid the bug but it didn't work for me (the makefile
approach doesn't seem to regard the modules included in
"other-modules"). Any pointer would be welcome.

Cheers,

Fons

Re: mutually recursive modules and template haskell

Bugzilla from alfonso.acosta@gmail.com
Just in case it helps, it seems that compiling with Cabal's make
backend fails too.

See http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/2014

On Dec 31, 2007 6:33 PM, Alfonso Acosta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently reopened an old bug related to TH and mutually recursive
> modules. http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/1012
>
> Sorry to repost about the bug in this list but the is being a major
> blocker for me.
>
> It seems that "ghc --make" could do better when figuring out the build
> dependencies when mutually recursive modules and TH are used in the
> same set of modules.
>
> Could someone please confirm if I really ran into a bug?
>
> A workaround for me would providing an specific compilation order
> (sorry if this is offtopic). I'm using cabal, I tried using Setup
> makefile to avoid the bug but it didn't work for me (the makefile
> approach doesn't seem to regard the modules included in
> "other-modules"). Any pointer would be welcome.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Fons

RE: mutually recursive modules and template haskell

Simon Peyton Jones
I think it's only a bug in documentation.  I've explained in the Trac ticket, and improved the docs. I hope that'll get you un-blocked.