partial solved problem installing postgreSQL-libpq on Windows?

partial solved problem installing postgreSQL-libpq on Windows?

Phyx
Hi Kees,

Would It be possible for you to try with GHC 7.10.3 or 8.0.1?

A bunch of things have changed with the linker in these two versions which should make
linking against packages easier.

 <command line>: can't load .so/.DLL for:
 d:/PROGRA~2/POSTGR~1/9.3/lib\libpq.dll (addDLL: could not load DLL)

 ghc.exe: d:/PROGRA~2/POSTGR~1/9.3/lib\libpq: %1 is not a valid Win32
 application.

This seems to be coming from the runtime linker, if indeed d:/PROGRA~2/POSTGR~1/9.3/lib\libpq.dll
can be found then either it's the wrong bitness/image type or libpq.dll has dependencies on other dlls.

7.10.1 is not able to load these then as the search path won't be correct. To test this you can add
d:/PROGRA~2/POSTGR~1/9.3/lib\ to your path and try loading it again.

If that doesn't work and you want to know what's really going on, you can enable loader snaps
in gflags for GHC.exe and GHCi.exe (or runHaskell, what ever it is you're using) and attach a debugger like gdb

You'll then be able to see the OS's trace messages for the loader and it should tell you exactly what's wrong.

 >From the msys prompt: pexports "d:\program
 files\postgreSQL\9.3\bin\libpq.dll" > libpq.def
 >From the msys prompt: dlltool  -d libpq.def -l libpq.a

 Import libraries are supported by the GHC but not ghci or any other interpreted mode (until 8.0.2)
So this would only work for the compiled program without Template Haskell.

Regards,
Tamar

Re: partial solved problem installing postgreSQL-libpq on Windows?

Kees Bleijenberg

Hi Tamar,

Thank you.

 I installed Haskell Platform 8.0.1. Now I can’t install snap any more. I want to use postgresql in snap.  Grrr.

If I get something working I’ll let you know.

Kees

Van: Phyx [mailto:[hidden email]]
Ve
rzonden: donderdag 16 juni 2016 13:49
Aan: [hidden email]
CC: [hidden email]
Onderwerp: partial solved problem installing postgreSQL-libpq on Windows?

Hi Kees,

Would It be possible for you to try with GHC 7.10.3 or 8.0.1?

A bunch of things have changed with the linker in these two versions which should make

linking against packages easier.

 <command line>: can't load .so/.DLL for:
 d:/PROGRA~2/POSTGR~1/9.3/lib\libpq.dll (addDLL: could not load DLL)

 ghc.exe: d:/PROGRA~2/POSTGR~1/9.3/lib\libpq: %1 is not a valid Win32
 application.

This seems to be coming from the runtime linker, if indeed d:/PROGRA~2/POSTGR~1/9.3/lib\libpq.dll

can be found then either it's the wrong bitness/image type or libpq.dll has dependencies on other dlls.

7.10.1 is not able to load these then as the search path won't be correct. To test this you can add

d:/PROGRA~2/POSTGR~1/9.3/lib\ to your path and try loading it again.

If that doesn't work and you want to know what's really going on, you can enable loader snaps

in gflags for GHC.exe and GHCi.exe (or runHaskell, what ever it is you're using) and attach a debugger like gdb

You'll then be able to see the OS's trace messages for the loader and it should tell you exactly what's wrong.

 >From the msys prompt: pexports "d:\program
 files\postgreSQL\9.3\bin\libpq.dll" > libpq.def

 >From the msys prompt: dlltool  -d libpq.def -l libpq.a

 Import libraries are supported by the GHC but not ghci or any other interpreted mode (until 8.0.2)

So this would only work for the compiled program without Template Haskell.

Regards,

Tamar

Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
Versie: 2016.0.7640 / Virusdatabase: 4604/12430 - datum van uitgifte: 06/16/16

Re: partial solved problem installing postgreSQL-libpq on Windows?

Theodore Lief Gannon
http://redd.it/4jpthu

Replace 'SDL2' with 'postgresql' and this *should* work. You may want to axe Platform first tho, it seems to clash with stack (see comments).

Van: Phyx [mailto:[hidden email]]
Ve
rzonden: donderdag 16 juni 2016 13:49
Aan: [hidden email]
CC: [hidden email]

Hi Kees,

Would It be possible for you to try with GHC 7.10.3 or 8.0.1?

A bunch of things have changed with the linker in these two versions which should make

linking against packages easier.

 <command line>: can't load .so/.DLL for:
 d:/PROGRA~2/POSTGR~1/9.3/lib\libpq.dll (addDLL: could not load DLL)

 ghc.exe: d:/PROGRA~2/POSTGR~1/9.3/lib\libpq: %1 is not a valid Win32
 application.

This seems to be coming from the runtime linker, if indeed d:/PROGRA~2/POSTGR~1/9.3/lib\libpq.dll

can be found then either it's the wrong bitness/image type or libpq.dll has dependencies on other dlls.

7.10.1 is not able to load these then as the search path won't be correct. To test this you can add

d:/PROGRA~2/POSTGR~1/9.3/lib\ to your path and try loading it again.

If that doesn't work and you want to know what's really going on, you can enable loader snaps

in gflags for GHC.exe and GHCi.exe (or runHaskell, what ever it is you're using) and attach a debugger like gdb

You'll then be able to see the OS's trace messages for the loader and it should tell you exactly what's wrong.

 >From the msys prompt: pexports "d:\program
 files\postgreSQL\9.3\bin\libpq.dll" > libpq.def

 >From the msys prompt: dlltool  -d libpq.def -l libpq.a

 Import libraries are supported by the GHC but not ghci or any other interpreted mode (until 8.0.2)

So this would only work for the compiled program without Template Haskell.

Regards,

Tamar

Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
Versie: 2016.0.7640 / Virusdatabase: 4604/12430 - datum van uitgifte: 06/16/16

Re: partial solved problem installing postgreSQL-libpq on Windows?

Kees Bleijenberg

Hi Tamar,

I’ve installed the 8.0.1 Haskell Platform and installed postgresql-libpq. Success!

Then I installed postgresql-simple. I get a lot of dialogs boxes, complaining : missing SSLEAY32.dll. But the installation works. Probably I have to install openSSL.

Now I have to find out how to install snap on 8.0.1.

Thanks for your help!