persistent in types

Dmitry Olshansky
Hello cafe,

I am trying to develop a library PersT for working with database persistent in types (instead of e.g. template-haskell in persistent library).
Now there are base DDL/DML functionality and additional DML functionality for tree-like structures.
Small dirty example of using it is located here.

The main problem which I have is compile time.
Compiling of my small example (five tables with five fields) needs 7 minutes and more than 6Gb RAM (!)
I compile using stack and ghc 8.0.2.
To check you need additionally only sqlite installed.

Are there any ways to reduce resource utilization in compile time?
Is it some problem in ghc which can be changed in future?

What do you think?

I also will be thankful for any feedback about library.

Regards,
Dima