planet.haskell.org? for Haskell blogs

Isaac Jones-2
I think someone should volunteer to set up "Planet Haskell" ala Planet
Debian, Planet Gnome, Planet Perl, etc.

These sites are "Blog aggregators".  Basically they just collect the
RSS feeds of the community and post their blogs to a web page in a
cute format (the gnome one is especially cute, but you probably could
have guessed that).

There's already software out there for this, so nothing new needs to
be written.  I think we need a volunteer to set this up somewhere?
Preferably someone with their own server, and we'll worry about
setting up the DNS later :)

peace,

  isaac

See:

http://planet.debian.org/
http://planet.gnome.org/
http://planet.perl.org/

Re: planet.haskell.org? for Haskell blogs

Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho-2
Isaac Jones wrote:
> There's already software out there for this, so nothing new needs to
> be written.  I think we need a volunteer to set this up somewhere?
> Preferably someone with their own server, and we'll worry about
> setting up the DNS later :)

Since nobody else seems to have volunteered, I'll try to set this up (if
I can get the software working).

If you want your blog listed, email me. I will not add people without
their consent.  Just tell me your RSS/Atom feed URI (try to pick one
that will not contain non-English posts; but there is no need to
restrict to just Haskell-related posts - half of the beauty is seeing
what else people are doing and thinking).

Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> Since nobody else seems to have volunteered, I'll try to set this up (if
> I can get the software working).
>
> If you want your blog listed, email me. I will not add people without
> their consent.  Just tell me your RSS/Atom feed URI (try to pick one
> that will not contain non-English posts; but there is no need to
> restrict to just Haskell-related posts - half of the beauty is seeing
> what else people are doing and thinking).

Now at http://antti-juhani.kaijanaho.fi/planet-haskell/ . This is
obviously a temporary address (somebody set up a proper Haskell DNS for
this; I can configure this to answer a particular domain name).

Also, submit your feeds!

Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <[hidden email]> writes:

> Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
>> Since nobody else seems to have volunteered, I'll try to set this up
>> (if I can get the software working).
>> If you want your blog listed, email me. I will not add people
>> without their consent.  Just tell me your RSS/Atom feed URI (try to
>> pick one that will not contain non-English posts; but there is no
>> need to restrict to just Haskell-related posts - half of the beauty
>> is seeing what else people are doing and thinking).
>
> Now at http://antti-juhani.kaijanaho.fi/planet-haskell/ . This is
> obviously a temporary address (somebody set up a proper Haskell DNS
> for this; I can configure this to answer a particular domain name).

Cool, if you think you want to manage this, we can probably host it on
the hackage.haskell.org machine.  What would you think of that?

peace,

  isaac

Re: planet.haskell.org? for Haskell blogs

Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho-2
> Cool, if you think you want to manage this, we can probably host it on
> the hackage.haskell.org machine.  What would you think of that?

I can host this just fine, I just want a better URI for it :)

Isaac Jones wrote:
> Cool, if you think you want to manage this, we can probably host it on
> the hackage.haskell.org machine.  What would you think of that?

On the other hand, if it's easier for others, I'm not going to insist on
hosting it myself. The host requires Python 2.3, GNU Arch and crontab
access.

Re: planet.haskell.org? for Haskell blogs

Neil Mitchell
Hi

Is it possible to have an RSS feed for Planet Haskell? i.e. so I can
read all the Haskell related blogs with my feed reader without being
subscribed to all of them individually.

Thanks

Neil

Neil Mitchell wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to have an RSS feed for Planet Haskell? i.e. so I can
> read all the Haskell related blogs with my feed reader without being
> subscribed to all of them individually.

It's possible, but not set up yet.

Neil Mitchell wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to have an RSS feed for Planet Haskell? i.e. so I can
> read all the Haskell related blogs with my feed reader without being
> subscribed to all of them individually.

Now there is an RSS 2.0 and an Atom feed.

Now at http://planet.haskell.org. Please submit your feeds (see above).