pqueue - repository and maintainer (taking over)

pqueue - repository and maintainer (taking over)

lennart spitzner
Greetings,

Regarding the pqueue package:

1) Does anyone have any (additional) contact details for the current
maintainer/author, Louis Wasserman?
2) Is the package's repository available anywhere? The darcs link
listed in the package 404s.
3) I would be willing to take over for basic maintenance if the
current maintainer is unavailable.

The pqueue package does not compile with ghc-7.10. Fixing requires
just some quick changes (i have a working version locally). The last
upload for the package is from 2012, but the author's github account
lowasser shows some more recent activity. Yet I have not received a
reply to my e-mail from six weeks ago.

Lennart

Re: pqueue - repository and maintainer (taking over)

David Feuer
Whoever takes over maintenance may want to consider producing unboxed versions.

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 4:01 PM, lennart spitzner
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Regarding the pqueue package:
>
> 1) Does anyone have any (additional) contact details for the current
> maintainer/author, Louis Wasserman?
> 2) Is the package's repository available anywhere? The darcs link
> listed in the package 404s.
> 3) I would be willing to take over for basic maintenance if the
> current maintainer is unavailable.
>
> The pqueue package does not compile with ghc-7.10. Fixing requires
> just some quick changes (i have a working version locally). The last
> upload for the package is from 2012, but the author's github account
> lowasser shows some more recent activity. Yet I have not received a
> reply to my e-mail from six weeks ago.
>
> Lennart

Re: pqueue - repository and maintainer (taking over)

Louis Wasserman
Um.  Hi.

I don't think I have much bandwidth to devote to maintaining this.  I'd prefer to retain author tags, but I'm happy if someone else wants to take over routine maintenance.

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Regarding the pqueue package:
>
> 1) Does anyone have any (additional) contact details for the current
> maintainer/author, Louis Wasserman?
> 2) Is the package's repository available anywhere? The darcs link
> listed in the package 404s.
> 3) I would be willing to take over for basic maintenance if the
> current maintainer is unavailable.
>
> The pqueue package does not compile with ghc-7.10. Fixing requires
> just some quick changes (i have a working version locally). The last
> upload for the package is from 2012, but the author's github account
> lowasser shows some more recent activity. Yet I have not received a
> reply to my e-mail from six weeks ago.
>
> Lennart

Re: pqueue - repository and maintainer (taking over)

Sylvain HENRY

I have sent an email to the author two months ago about the same issue without receiving an answer either.

My version of the package since then is here: https://github.com/hsyl20/pqueue
In addition to making it compile with GHC 7.10, I have replaced all the tabs with spaces to remove the warnings.

Sylvain

[...]

No, it's not; I never did put it up on github.

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 11:18 PM Tobias Brandt <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have an open pull request for this issue since February:
https://github.com/bumptech/haskell-pqueue/pull/2

But I don't even know whether this is the official repository.

[...]

Thanks for letting us know Louis!

Simplest way to proceed is for someone to give you their hackage user name so you can add them to the maintainer group: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/pqueue/maintainers/edit

Cheers,
Adam

On 28/05/15 03:07, Sylvain Henry wrote:
> My version of the package since then is here:
> https://github.com/hsyl20/pqueue
> In addition to making it compile with GHC 7.10, I have replaced all the
> tabs with spaces to remove the warnings.

I just checked: my changes are almost identical. I use slightly
different imports to ensure backwards-compatability (i tested down to
ghc-7.2.2) and i removed the Typeable.h warning.

@Louis: ah, good to hear you are alive :)

Re: pqueue - repository and maintainer (taking over)

lennart spitzner
Greetings; finally an update:

pqueue-1.3.0 is now live; finally ghc-7.10 compatibility :)
(tested with ghc-7.2 through ghc-7.10.2rc1.)

Louis kindly made me co-maintainer. I created a github repo, so if I
forgot to update anything you can use the issue-tracker over there :)

Lennart

On 27/05/15 22:01, lennart spitzner wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Regarding the pqueue package:
>
> 1) Does anyone have any (additional) contact details for the current
> maintainer/author, Louis Wasserman?
> 2) Is the package's repository available anywhere? The darcs link
> listed in the package 404s.
> 3) I would be willing to take over for basic maintenance if the
> current maintainer is unavailable.
>
> The pqueue package does not compile with ghc-7.10. Fixing requires
> just some quick changes (i have a working version locally). The last
> upload for the package is from 2012, but the author's github account
> lowasser shows some more recent activity. Yet I have not received a
> reply to my e-mail from six weeks ago.
>
> Lennart

Re: pqueue - repository and maintainer (taking over)

Adam Bergmark-2
Glad to hear it!