primitive package with new Int# primops

Jan Stolarek
Hi Luite,

I applied my patches only to primitive package stored as a boot library in GHC repositories. My
changes should probably be ported upstream to main repo of primitive package, but I admit I don't
know what the workflow for this is.

If you desperately need latest version of primitive working with GHC HEAD you can port my changes
manually - it's only three lines of code!

Janek

Dnia ?roda, 14 sierpnia 2013, napisa?e?:

> hi Jan and Roman,
>
> I'm trying to install the primitive package with the latest GHC HEAD,
> however the version available at
>
> https://github.com/ghc/packages-primitive
>
> which includes the primops changes, appears to be based on version 0.4 and
> is missing setByteArray. The code.haskell.org repository does have
> setByteArray but not the primops updates. Is there an updated version 0.5
> somewhere available?
>
> cheers,
>
> Luite

primitive package with new Int# primops

Luite Stegeman
Hi,

Yeah i noticed the patch was smaller than i first thought, so i applied it
manually and fixed it where needed. The result is here (sorry not in a
repository, just did a quick fix without making it work on older GHC):

https://github.com/ghcjs/ghcjs.github.com/tree/master/packages/cabal-src/primitive/0.5.0.1.1

Now GHCJS builds again :)

Luite