primitive using PrimWrappers rather than PrimOpWrappers?

primitive using PrimWrappers rather than PrimOpWrappers?

Carter Schonwald
hey all,
i just rebased my prefetch patch  onto HEAD, and now i'm working on getting
ghc to build

looks like Data.Primitive.Types is trying to import PrimWrappers rather
than PrimOpWrappers?

i patched that up in my local build, but that seems to be missing, unless
i'm overlooking somthing and i'm botching the submodules?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

primitive using PrimWrappers rather than PrimOpWrappers?

Gabor Greif-2
I had the same error, turned out that
./sync-all pull --rebase
did not correctly terminate, because I had modified files around
This helped:
./sync-all pull
perl boot
./configure
make --keep-going

HTH,

    Gabor

On 9/19/13, Carter Schonwald <carter.schonwald at gmail.com> wrote:

> hey all,
> i just rebased my prefetch patch  onto HEAD, and now i'm working on getting
> ghc to build
>
> looks like Data.Primitive.Types is trying to import PrimWrappers rather
> than PrimOpWrappers?
>
> i patched that up in my local build, but that seems to be missing, unless
> i'm overlooking somthing and i'm botching the submodules?

primitive using PrimWrappers rather than PrimOpWrappers?

Carter Schonwald
what does the rebase flag do? I did my rebase via the sourcetree gui app..

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 6:40 PM, Gabor Greif <ggreif at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had the same error, turned out that
> ./sync-all pull --rebase
> did not correctly terminate, because I had modified files around
> This helped:
> ./sync-all pull
> perl boot
> ./configure
> make --keep-going
>
> HTH,
>
>     Gabor
>
> On 9/19/13, Carter Schonwald <carter.schonwald at gmail.com> wrote:
> > hey all,
> > i just rebased my prefetch patch  onto HEAD, and now i'm working on
> getting
> > ghc to build
> >
> > looks like Data.Primitive.Types is trying to import PrimWrappers rather
> > than PrimOpWrappers?
> >
> > i patched that up in my local build, but that seems to be missing, unless
> > i'm overlooking somthing and i'm botching the submodules?

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

primitive using PrimWrappers rather than PrimOpWrappers?

Gabor Greif-2
$ git pull --rebase
just pulls and then rebases your local commits. It gives up (with an
error message) if there are unstaged changes in the workspace.

On 9/19/13, Carter Schonwald <carter.schonwald at gmail.com> wrote:

> what does the rebase flag do? I did my rebase via the sourcetree gui app..
>

> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 6:40 PM, Gabor Greif <ggreif at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I had the same error, turned out that
>> ./sync-all pull --rebase
>> did not correctly terminate, because I had modified files around
>> This helped:
>> ./sync-all pull
>> perl boot
>> ./configure
>> make --keep-going
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>>     Gabor
>>
>> On 9/19/13, Carter Schonwald <carter.schonwald at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > hey all,
>> > i just rebased my prefetch patch  onto HEAD, and now i'm working on
>> getting
>> > ghc to build
>> >
>> > looks like Data.Primitive.Types is trying to import PrimWrappers rather
>> > than PrimOpWrappers?
>> >
>> > i patched that up in my local build, but that seems to be missing,
>> > unless
>> > i'm overlooking somthing and i'm botching the submodules?

primitive using PrimWrappers rather than PrimOpWrappers?

Jan Stolarek
As Gabor pointed out, this sounds like problems with rebasing on top of my patches. Carter, have you managed to resolve this? If not then please let me know - I'll try to help.

Janek

Wys?ane: ?roda, 18 wrzesie? 2013 23:50:48
Temat: Re: primitive using PrimWrappers rather than PrimOpWrappers?

$ git pull --rebase
just pulls and then rebases your local commits. It gives up (with an
error message) if there are unstaged changes in the workspace.

On 9/19/13, Carter Schonwald <carter.schonwald at gmail.com> wrote:

> what does the rebase flag do? I did my rebase via the sourcetree gui app..
>

> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 6:40 PM, Gabor Greif <ggreif at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I had the same error, turned out that
>> ./sync-all pull --rebase
>> did not correctly terminate, because I had modified files around
>> This helped:
>> ./sync-all pull
>> perl boot
>> ./configure
>> make --keep-going
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>>     Gabor
>>
>> On 9/19/13, Carter Schonwald <carter.schonwald at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > hey all,
>> > i just rebased my prefetch patch  onto HEAD, and now i'm working on
>> getting
>> > ghc to build
>> >
>> > looks like Data.Primitive.Types is trying to import PrimWrappers rather
>> > than PrimOpWrappers?
>> >
>> > i patched that up in my local build, but that seems to be missing,
>> > unless
>> > i'm overlooking somthing and i'm botching the submodules?

primitive using PrimWrappers rather than PrimOpWrappers?

Carter Schonwald
Hey jan,
I seem to have sorted it out.  There's still some dirty module state, but
nothing that's a blocker. If I hit it again today ill be sure to holler.

Thanks!
Carter