project compile with multi-versions of alex

project compile with multi-versions of alex

Zilin Chen
Hi Cafe,

I have a Haskell project which has ~90 dependencies (transitively) and is managed with plain cabal (w/o stackage, etc.). I try to keep it compile with a few latest releases of GHC (so right now 7.8.4, 7.10.1, 7.10.2 and 7.10.3).
It was tractable with conditionals in the cabal config file with minor annoyance. But recently I found this issue: language-c-quote-0.11.3 does not compile with alex 3.1.5 [1]. I was wondering if I should also allow a few versions of executables, like alex, happy, etc (I can see though it will be a huge pain); or should I force all users to use the latest versions of them (I don't know if they are compatible with old ghc versions)? What's the common practice for other projects? Any hints? What should I write in my cabal config?

Thanks,
Zilin

[1]https://github.com/mainland/language-c-quote/issues/57

Re: project compile with multi-versions of alex

Geoffrey Mainland
How about using language-c-quote 0.11.4?

Cheers,
Geoff