"Computational Category Theory" in Haskell

"Computational Category Theory" in Haskell

Dan Weston
Has anyone already ported to Haskell the ML code in Rydeheard and
Burstall, "Computational Category Theory"?

Dan

Re: "Computational Category Theory" in Haskell

Derek Elkins
On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 12:27 -0800, Dan Weston wrote:
> Has anyone already ported to Haskell the ML code in Rydeheard and
> Burstall, "Computational Category Theory"?

This isn't very helpful, but I did several years ago, but I've since
lost the code.  It's straightforward if tedious to do.

Re: "Computational Category Theory" in Haskell

jerzy.karczmarczuk
Derek Elkins writes:

> Dan Weston wrote:
>> Has anyone already ported to Haskell the ML code in Rydeheard and
>> Burstall, "Computational Category Theory"?
>
> This isn't very helpful, but I did several years ago, ...

You might be interested by:
"On the expressive power of Constructor Classes"
by Luc Duponcheel, and Erik Meijer. Available through citeseer.

This has been written under Gofer, should thus work for Hugs, and
no reason why not under GHC.
Very nice paper. (Of course, Rydeheard and Burstall is their first
reference).

Jerzy Karczmarczuk